Sundown Audio

Us Amps 400(1999 Version) Vs Sundown 1200d

benz280se

what up folks? i own a us amps 400 and it's pretty damn powerful i was thinkin about switchin to the sundown because it's smaller but the guts of both look so much different. i have no idea what i am lookin at but the guts of the old school us amp look beefy the sundown looks good but not as umm..beefy. has anybody heard both and can give a knowledgeable comparison? i mean if i switch out my us amps for the 1200d will i lose anything? i can see they are both rated at 1200 watts rms at a certain ohm but as we all know some amps sound very different at rms power. anybody got some experience? thanks

You won't be disapointed with the Sundown.

I had the chance to watch and hear that 1200 watt amp beat the crap out of 3 15 inch spl dedicated subwoofers and it blew my mind that, that amp was doing what it was doing.

It is also under rated as well.

I think you will like this amp and your cars electrical will like it too.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i used to run the vl 100 back around 92. the vl series were great imo. i say do the sundown, efficiency ftw in stock apps

thanks folks i think i'll go ahead and do the sundown so i don't have to buy a huge alt like i originally was and just stick to an extra batt. might put my us400 on the shelf in a glass case...LOL

Looks like everyone had that handled :) Thanks for the replies all.

The 1200D is a nice amp - will give you more like 1500 watts RMS as well :)

yeah when i get back from my deployed location i will buy one and another battery for now. i think i will have to have my alt rewound cause right now its stock for a 74 benz which is not very high, maybe 65-70amps. but if this amp is easy on the electrical i'll just play it by ear, get it, haha play it by ear lol.

yeah when i get back from my deployed location i will buy one and another battery for now.i have aoptima redtop and another batt in the car already but i think i will have to have my alt rewound cause right now its stock for a 74 benz which is not very high, maybe 65-70amps. but if this amp is easy on the electrical i'll just play it by ear, get it, haha play it by ear lol.

oops maybe i shouldnt be doing this while at work lol, i just quoted myself.

Archived