Law About Being Too Close At Redlight?

hopefully you all took a bunch of pics which can work in your favor if you play your cards right, now you can prove he was too close to the rear of your suv if you have a picture that shows you within like a foot of the large white stop line and parked ontop of his hood caus you can say you pulled up to the stop line like you were suppose to and then realized that you didnt want to go that way so you looked behind you to make sure traffic was ok but you didnt see him because he was so close and that picture would prove it because your car has barley moved backwards and you hit him which would mean he was wayyy to close to your rear, now your still gonna get hit with fines because your not suppose to back up in a lane but the judge may take it a little easier on you if it shows that the cop was doing wrong also. there could also be another way to show he was way too close. you could show a picture of damage only a little bit up his hood but if he wouldve been 4-5 feet back like he was suppose to that wouldve allowed you to gain more speed and shifted the weight to the front which wouldve brought your rear bumper higher and caused way more damage towards the top of his hood dependin on what hes driving. but like i said if you can prove the cop was doing wrong the judge may be more understanding but your gonna get fined either way homie you might as well try and fight.

Edited by ryde2idie

yeh bro.. dont put the pressure on your self just yet.. write down some reasons on a paper.. like he was so close that u couldnt see his headlights(your not alone on that when i drive my dads f-150 sometimes when ppl ride my ass i cant even tell if their behind me..just because he is a sheriff it dose not make him the best driver in the world

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

In California you would be at fault.

I was behind a semi at a stop sign a few years ago (not on his ass) and the driver put it in reverse and backed into the front of the Excursion...I tried to get into reverse and back up when I realized he was backing up, but not quick enough :aggressive: The semi driver was at fault. Seven Up was lucky I wasn't in a little car that the semi trailer would have just crunched all to hell, as it was Seven Up replaced the grill, bumper, headlights and valance on the X.

I'm thinking that when you are backing up you are responsible to make sure it is clear to do so.

What tint ;) ? And what exactly is the process of this? Will an insurance agent come to my house? Also no one was ticketed so I don't have to go to court... Atleast I don't think so

id think you would want to go to court so the insurance companys dont dump the load onto you, like since it was all your fault your insurance would have to cover the damages but if u can prove that the cop was to close and if he wouldnt have been this close it wouldnt have happend then maybe the judge wont put the blame completly on you can the cop might have to pay for his car because he was too close but like melissa said you might just get the whole fault just because you were backing up and it doesnt matter how close the cop was but your best bet is to talk to someone who knows about these kinds of things (like a lawyer) and see if you can get out of this with less money havin to be spent.

Edited by ryde2idie

Just be honest and it will be fine. Accidents suck but they do happen. Let your insurance handle it. Here you can be ticketed after the accident. They will just send you the ticket in the mail after the accident investigation is over.

no ticket?:??? nobody was listed as at fault? Fight that shit son!!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Dude your an idiot!

Not only did you back up in traffic but then you hit someone. What? were you too lazy to just look over your shoulder to see if there was anyone behind you? As it was, you weren't paying attention enough to realize you weren't going the direction you wanted to, and too lazy just to go up to the next light and turn around.

I think it's great you hit a cop, now this way won't have no chance to give some innocent person the run around because you fuckin hit them. Be lucky you weren't cited at the scene.

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

and a little tip a cop is NEVER OFF DUTY.... even when there at home..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Dude your an idiot!

Not only did you back up in traffic but then you hit someone. What? were you too lazy to just look over your shoulder to see if there was anyone behind you? As it was, you weren't paying attention enough to realize you weren't going the direction you wanted to, and too lazy just to go up to the next light and turn around.

I think it's great you hit a cop, now this way won't have no chance to give some innocent person the run around because you fuckin hit them. Be lucky you weren't cited at the scene.

x789013249!

You put the vehicle in reverse and backed up. What the fuck were you thinking? They should take your license for a while and make you take a course. Backing up in traffic or at a red light because you were not in the lane you wanted is reckless and the judge is going to see it the same way. He is going to decide if you had an alternative to going the wrong direction and causing a collision. If you are at a stop it is not considered "tailgating" if the vehicle behind you is close.

Unless your life is in danger you were at fault.