Sonic Electronix

Louder On Certain Days.

Guest KyleCannon

Just curious as to why my system is louder on some days rather than others. The voltage is the same and everything, but it just seems like it's not hitting nearly as hard as it is other times. Any ideas?

take down information when this happens like are your windows down or are they up, is it cold out, has the car sat for a couple days etc so that when the car is loud again you can take note to see if all these things are the same. and find out why your havin this problem.

EDIT:also make sure all your connections are good.

Edited by ryde2idie

usually it would be weather/temp conditions, 60deg 1 day low humidity, and 80deg next day with high humidity it will sound different

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Weather has a lot to do with it.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Guest KyleCannon

Yeah, some times i notice on a cold start on a cold morning it hits like HELL and on hot days it doesn't hit as hard, nothing is overheating and all my connections are good, so the cold has something to do with it? How does cold make it sound louder?

i think.....the cold may make them sound alittle tighter and the heat will make them sound alittle more looser. I notice that in my system too but not enough to bother me. As long as its not messing something up :rolleyes:

i think.....the cold may make them sound alittle tighter and the heat will make them sound alittle more looser. I notice that in my system too but not enough to bother me. As long as its not messing something up :rolleyes:

^wow

Actually, the colder the air is, the more 'dense' it is. There are more molecules in a given volume at low temperatures than in higher temps. Sound is just vibration of these molecules in the form of waves. When a sub rapidly displaces the air, it creates a higher pressure inside the car, so if there are more molecules to move, the pressure will be higher than normal creating 'louder' bass. It's simple physics.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

THis's strange. In warm weather the stereo play much better than the cold here. Could be that the cold kinda stiff the sub and some battery don't work too well in the cold. Just some opinion thoughts.

it seems that now in this cold weather in wisconsin my subs are loudder than they were in sept and I had both hooked up then and only one now

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades