No Beards @ Wyotech?

I dont really have experience with the corporate world, but do many places not let you wear wedding bands? Ive never heard of that before.

If you work with cable, machinery, or other things they could possibly get caught on your ring or cause an electrical hazard they may have you not wear it.

In the military if we are working on electrical, or with machinery we are not supposed to wear our wedding bands or other rings.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

If you can't comply with a simple rule like no beards, piercings, jewelry in a corporate setting then you will never make it in the job anyway

The question isn't whether or not your physically CAN comply with such frivolous rules as no beards, no piercings, no jewelry, it's why would you WANT to comply to that?

Is individualism so bad that anyone who steps out of line is doomed to never make it in the corporate world? This may have been the OLD way of doing things but I don't think this is a trend that will survive too much longer.

Society is growing very rightfully tolerant of people who don't all look identical to each other, I don't think that's a bad thing at all. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

The question isn't whether or not your physically CAN comply with such frivolous rules as no beards, no piercings, no jewelry, it's why would you WANT to comply to that?

Is individualism so bad that anyone who steps out of line is doomed to never make it in the corporate world? This may have been the OLD way of doing things but I don't think this is a trend that will survive too much longer.

Society is growing very rightfully tolerant of people who don't all look identical to each other, I don't think that's a bad thing at all. :)

there is nothing wrong with individualism, there is just a time and place for it....im sorry but you cant say you would do this.... your in a horable car accident, your the victim of a 2 car accident, your arm is broken in 3 places, your reffered to a lawyer cause you were the victim and have bills to pay but you shouldnt have to, anyway you walk into the lawyers office, hes 6-2 got 8 gauge ear holes, a cap on one arm and a complete sleve on the other and god knows what else, your first instinct would be fuck if ima have him represent me, in the corporate field its the same way... the way you represent yourself is big! its just the way it is right or wrong i dont see it changing anytime soon

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Plenty of hands on jobs will not allow you to have rings. I worked for a freight company and it was not allowed for pinch reasons. Nothing like getting a finger pinched off from a ring ;)

my uncle had that happen. except the ring didnt pinch it off. the ring was pinched on it and to get the ring off they had to cut his finger off. hes got a nice scar from that and doesnt wear it on the job anymore.

EDIT:

IMO appearance is everything these days.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I'll take making the damn good money I do over having a hole in my ear to show who I am anyday ;) There is a time and place for individualism. I really doubt anyone will say I'm pigeon-holed into corporate America as soon as I roll out of the parking lot of my job bumpin http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

if you want to be indivisual start your own busnes if you are out looking for work you obviously need to comply with society and the rules set forth (means to an end) as for jewerlry, years ago i had a chain and watches to work, until i would regularly get snaged in a dash opening trying to stuff wires etc, as for the ring havent wore it to work since it shorted out on a 12 volt system and as i quickly removed the white-hot object from my finger, i half degloved the skin up to the knuckle, ive got a wedding ring scar now

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

money is overrated...

people that don't have any always say that :P

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Actually I usually see the opposite. People with nothing often assume all their problems will go away with a little bit of money. I've been fortunate enough to be on both sides of that fence, and the grass always seems greener from below. It's really just an optical illusion ;)

You don't need money to be happy. :) Trust me...

/side note

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived