Good Way To Get A Speeding Ticket Reduced?

k/ka band is radar, and gets to be like 10meters wide, which is why those detectors work and give you time to slow down

laser is an inch wide, so unless that 1 inch wide beam crosses a sensor on your detector, it wont go out

and blocking k/ka band is illegal on the federal level, the fcc administers all radio waves, k and ka included, having a device that blocks them is reallyreallyreally illegal

xband is just light, block/scramble that shit all you want

(i had my beltronics and calibre training...)

dont even try to prove the cop is wrong, its damn near impossible, try and get it pleaded down to lower points via a lawyer, sometimes they will do 2 less points and add a no seatbelt ticket or something

edit: i was told that there wasnt anything commercially available that scrambles radar

googled your little toy, it doesnt either "Rocky Mountain presents the Rocky Mountain Radar Laser Detector with Laser Scrambler - RMR-C450"...only scrambles laser, which is legal to do, but never would work, especially if you get shot in the back. radar it would detect but wont scramble, rocky mountain doesnt want to go up against the FCC

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

k/ka band is radar, and gets to be like 10meters wide, which is why those detectors work and give you time to slow down

laser is an inch wide, so unless that 1 inch wide beam crosses a sensor on your detector, it wont go out

and blocking k/ka band is illegal on the federal level, the fcc administers all radio waves, k and ka included, having a device that blocks them is reallyreallyreally illegal

xband is just light, block/scramble that shit all you want

(i had my beltronics and calibre training...)

dont even try to prove the cop is wrong, its damn near impossible, try and get it pleaded down to lower points via a lawyer, sometimes they will do 2 less points and add a no seatbelt ticket or something

edit: i was told that there wasnt anything commercially available that scrambles radar

googled your little toy, it doesnt either "Rocky Mountain presents the Rocky Mountain Radar Laser Detector with Laser Scrambler - RMR-C450"...only scrambles laser, which is legal to do, but never would work, especially if you get shot in the back. radar it would detect but wont scramble, rocky mountain doesnt want to go up against the FCC

X2

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

use your boss as a witness.

and point out the fact your GPS cant be wrong. or can it?

i think to be a worth-while witness, it'd have to be another bystander. someone on the road or in another car. moreso for accidents since they cant see hwo fast you were really going. at least that's how it is around here

yea, its just a laser scrambler, dont believe it does ka or any other bands. but it is 100% legal here in WI.

This is the unit my boss gave me. I dont usally use them for speeding, more less cruising in town when Im beating, usually by the time the cop hits you with his radar you have enough time to turn the stereo down before that cop clocking people can hear you :) You can never rely in a radar detector to save you from speeding tickets, this is why I only do 30mph in 25s, and 75 in 65mph. unless your going more then 12 over your usally fine. I had some cheap 20 walmart cobra in my caddy that didnt even pick up laser but I never got a sound ticket :)

If I can get the ticket dropped by 2mph less then auctual speed Ill be happy because it drops me to the 10-15mph over the limit which is only normally a 180$ ticket and 2 points. But im willing to pay the $246 still just wnat less points.

I just think the cop got the car that was in front of me that went into the left lane to pass the same semi I went to pass after he did, and he was going a bit faster then I, and from what I can tell by looking at this one guys youtube videos, the lasars have a scope and its very hard to tell 1 vehicle from 3 other vehicles pretty close together and be able to pinpoint which one is doing what speed wheen your a good 2000 feet away from them. The cop left the over pass and was on the on ramp way before we even went under the bridge he was clocking from.

Just sucks because its in another county about a hour a way that Im going to have to drive to, to fight the ticket.

i think to be a worth-while witness, it'd have to be another bystander. someone on the road or in another car. moreso for accidents since they cant see hwo fast you were really going. at least that's how it is around here

yea id agree. having your boss as a witness is like having a friend as a witness, to the court they may think that my friend/boss could be bending the truth a bit to suite my needs.

But like I said, Im going to try to talk to the state patrol guy my friend works for. Try to get some more indepth info on the laser guns, that the average person wouldnt know.

I had a similar situation happen to me, and the best way to get out of it (which worked for me) is to you or a lawyer (lawyers are better obviously) request the calibration log on the unit used by the officer to clock your speed. theres certain parameters that they have to follow or any tickets issued are void. I dunno if this will help but just thought id toss my .02 cents.

good luck, tickets suck no matter what.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Best thing to do is just dress up and be honest. Judges arent stupid, and will almost always take the cops view over yours, due to the fact that most people lie to get out of things. Though you are telling the truth, they've heard it all, and are sometimes humorous so maybe you'll get one of those judges. Let us know how court goes :)

on another note, are u sure he clocked u with radar instead of a laser? If a laser then youre screwed because the accuracy is good, as well as him being able to pinpoint the vehicle unlike radar...

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Idk if its the same laws up there as it is down here but i took my last speeding ticket to court because i was doin 7 over and he gave me a ticket for 12 i was only tryin to get it reduced for bigger but when the officer didnt show they dropped the entire ticket no points no payment now idk how it worked but the judge told me becase he didnt show they could not continue on and he just dropped the whole thing maybe ull get as lucky, idk :unsure:

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png