I couldnt decide whether to post this..

But I was wondering whether its safe to power wash your engine bay, and what should be removed before doing so if safe.

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

whenever i do - i get plastic bags and cover bat, bat charger, and intake cone.

idk if its required or not i just do it to reassure myself :)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

its safe on newr cars, just dont go hog hell on it, and just use common scense and dont wash the air filter and then try to use it wet.

older cars you have to watch geting water in the dis cap and wires, old leaking cracked hoses and gaskets ect. but ok for the most part

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

if you got an old car, cover the dist cap and alt with a plastic bag. You wont damage the alt if you get it wet but i have heard of some cases where they have failed after the engine bay has been washed. Wait till the engine is cold, look for fray wires in the harness or loose connections and take car of them before you do anything. Other than that it's all good.

Just dont make a habit out of it cuz after too many washes your belt will dry out and start to crack and squeak, and you will have to replace it.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

not sure what kind of car you have, but if you(or anyone reading this) have a 5.4L ford, i would highly advise you not power wash the engine bay. The reason being the coil packs have been known to leak water past their seals and short out on the heads. If you want to clean the engine bay with the 5.4 in it, just be extremely careful in doing it.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

like everybody else said use common sense and you will be ok. also dont crank the pressure washer all the way up. spray everything down with a decent degreaser let it sit for a couple mins but dont let it dry, spray it off then wipe down whats left. dont spray the insulation on your hood it will fray and will leave water stains. its ok to get wet just dont directly spray it. my two cents.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I'm trying to think of the product, but there is an AWESOME (yet older, possibly disontinued) product that you spray in your engine bay, and it literally takes all your black rubber/plastic back to that nice dark, factory look. Man... I want to call id CD-4 or something like that. I used to get it at my local automotive store years ago, but then I could only find it online after that. I haven't even thought about it for quite some time, so give me a little bit. If I think of or verify the product name, I will let you know....

Nice thing about this product was, you spray it and leave it, no need to wash off. If your bay is all sorts of dirty, it's suggested to use a degreaser before use to get the heavier stuff off.....

my 5.4 f150 had antifreeze on the coils and went bad so dont do it on the triton v8s

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

x2 on everything said above. I'm using some Purple Power Orange Cleaner/Degreaser and papertowels and it's working better than i expected. Any degreaser works good as long as you aren't pouring half the bottle on, a good spray and let it soak for a minute will do the trick. Try to stay away from powerwashing for the simple fact of electrical failure, just like everyone else said. My buddy has a 96 Caddy that he sprayed the entire engine bay down with degreaser than powerwashed the entire motor. Ended up with water in his motor and had to wait for it to cycle out through the oil, absolute bitch of a time.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.