Sundown Audio

Whats the chance that I got a bad amp? I have had a problem with my system since I put my SAX 100.4d in. I went and bought a new cd player thinking that it was my Alpine. That was not it. I changed Rca's thinking that could be it nope. today I went out and played with it more. It sounds like there is a bad ground. I unhook all rcas the sound goes away. I hook up one the sound starts only in the rear speakers. then add another rca the sound is worse add the other two noise lessens buy still bad. I unhooked all speaker wires and hook up each one at a time no noise noticable until the last one drivers side rear is hooked up then its real bad again. I unhooked all rcas and hooked up the sub rca the noise is there. I thought maybe the speaker wire in the right rear was pinched somewhere so I removed it and hooked up new wire from amp 18 inches to crossover. noise still. took woofer itself and noises still. I try the passager side on the same amp out put noise is there.

I drive an explorer my amps are on the box behind the seat. the box is above the wheel wells and there are 2 XS power batteries under the box behund the amps closest to the SAX and there is a red top behind the passenger wheel well panel. all amps hooked together one wire of 1/0 from fron battery to red top then to the XS power's. The XS power batteries are both grounded to the frame and the body through the same 1/0 wire and the red top is grounded to the body.

ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD BE WRONG????? thank you

how are your wires ran? (RCA's on the opposite side of the power wires)

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

have you tried unhooking your crossover and just wiring it to the amps? ...

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Sundownz:

I think I will unhook the 2 xs powers and try just the red top to see if it works then I will try just the front one. Do you think I would need both amps hooked up at the same time? I have an SAZ -1500D and a SAX-100.4 .

Army_guy614:

I do not use a cross over I go from my Head unit to the amps. Thanks for the thought though.

• 3 weeks later...

OK So I worked on my system last night. Put in my new SAZ1500D and looked for a reason that I would have noise in only one speaker and stuff. I looked and looked I was ready to pull out all the batteries and start at the beginning and add one at a time. I pulled the SAX100.4 off the rack and set it in my lap and started by hooking up all the wires and there was no noise. I wiggled the wires and noise was there then it wouldnt come back a pressed lightly on the speaker terminals and the noise came back. I was thinking damn ups must have dropped it hard enough to dislodge the terminals. But that wasnt it either it turns out that the bottom of the amp is so close to the internals that it was pressing on the internals and shorting something out in the output section.

Now what Can I do to layer the inside of the bottom panel to prevent it from shorting out when it is tightened down. I would prefer to use something that is not slapped together like tape so please do not suggest that. Thanks for the help in advance. D