Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

I agree with a bad relay...Thats the only thing I can think of that has to do with geting negative voltage....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Can you please tell me where the switch is located? To what surface is it fixed?

Cheers,

Mick

a plastic housing in my dash.

whats the car make model year?

and was this a problem before the switch was put in, and you thought you would fix it with the switch but it didnt solve the problem?

id also say find a different ignition source to turn the amp on too. Maybe its something in the cars factory wiring since you had this problem on 2 different headunits.

I know you said you dont wanna pull the dash apart, but if thats the case, id say your pretty much sol without wanting to go thru the work and trouble shoot all wires and just assume that they test the same as at the amp. Making this a pointless thread if your not going to put in the effort to try what people are offering for advice.

08 civic

had the switch a while now, and this problem just started out of no where

and how about you pull your dash apart, drive around with it dangling all over (driving a manual btw), and WAIT for it to happen again.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Obviously the problem is 'upstream' from the amp because when he turns the switch off, the amp goes off.

Personally I would be looking in the wiring loom behind the deck for an intermittent short between the blue-white wire and some voltage source.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Obviously the problem is 'upstream' from the amp because when he turns the switch off, the amp goes off.

Personally I would be looking in the wiring loom behind the deck for an intermittent short between the blue-white wire and some voltage source.

yea i just checked all that twice when i swapped decks..... :(
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

a plastic housing in my dash.

Well, you can be sure then that the switch is not the fault. I had thought maybe something induced or a residual voltage was going through the switch in a ground loop, but certainly not if it is plastic.

As Boon said, it's upstream from the amplifier. Your issue lies between the switch and the source unit. However, you mentioned that this has happened with two source units? I find in highly unlikely that you wouldn't see a short circuit twice. To be sure however, remove your source unit, give it a quick check for stray strands or metal to metal contact and reinstall as necessary.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

That's it, there's no doubt about it, you must have pissed off a gypsy and now you've got a curse on you like no other.

Garlic strands and lizard tails will surely be the fix.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived