Gots A New Drill

After years of crappy drills I bought a

Dewalt 18 volt electril drill 2 years ago for like $200.00.

Best investment I ever made, never breaks down and came with TWO battery packs!!

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

I learned the right way to buy the best you can afford the 1st time out and not to cheap out Ive got a 14.4 volt bosch brute tough then a few months back I bought a dewalt 18 volt impact driver lets just say that I dont use the drill much anymore the impact gun will put a screw into about anything

werd, my makita twists the craftsman 3/8" bits until they snap. I have a harbor freight 1/4" drive one that I've been useing for almost two years now and it hasn't broke. I bought a snap-on 3/8" drive and I've had it for about 3months with no problems... and even if I do have a problem it will get swapped out.

Theres not twisting involved in mine, they just shatter and half the bits head ends up in the screw lol

What makita you got? Im running the litiom ion 18volts. pics here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=33832

When i bought my 2 drill kit, i got mikata for the reason the impact had the highest torqe ratings, and the drill was a half inch chuck, not a 3/8 inch like all the others. The chuck size was a major deal to me, otherwise id still need to use a corded drill for some of my bits, then i see it as whats the point of buying a new drill if i cant use it to full potential. I went all over town looking at kits and prices, and for the money makita was the winner vs dewalt, craftsman, milwaukee, bosch, ignersol. but since that new milwaukee kit came out that the op got im really liking it!! :)

I got a 2 pack kit and all I use is the impact. I think I have used the drill like twice :D

I use the Dewalt hardened Black bits. They don't last forever but last longer then the grey standard ones. I find I just buy them in bulk so I don't run short.

Hmm i may have to try those once. right now me and my boss are buying irwins in bulk since craftsmans aint no good. Lol

But im the same way with my impact, use it all the time, tho i need to use the drill for my hole saw, but i just pop my unibit in the impact too. Lol

i mean, i like my itty bitty ryobi, cuz it recharges in like half an hour and weighs all of a pound, but its slow as shit

had a makita for the longest time (old one with the big ass stick battery that went in the grip)

i lost it for months, turned out it was in a wheelbarrow full of water, that froze over winter. it spent like 4 months in there and came out with the batt still charged, lol

it still works actually, i think my dad has it in his toolbox somewhere...

but wtf are you guys trying to do that you snap bits? all i ever snap is like the random tiny drillbit.

makita some good stuff, I dropped mine from at least 13 feet or so on to cement and it it works great yet. battery didnt even fall off!! and mine came with a rapid charger, charges batts in 10=15 minutes :)

I mainly use mine for school bus installs. theres about 20-30 screws i need to remove to get at some wires depending on bus then of corse put them all in again, also gotta drill two 3/8" holes, and one 3/4" per bus for the motion sensors, rvt's, and speaker.

Heres a pic of what i install on every bus

untitled-12.jpg

I learned the right way to buy the best you can afford the 1st time out and not to cheap out Ive got a 14.4 volt bosch brute tough then a few months back I bought a dewalt 18 volt impact driver lets just say that I dont use the drill much anymore the impact gun will put a screw into about anything

my buddy has a older bosch kit (impact, 3/8" drill, flashlight, circular saw, and charger) used it for my whole wall build, and my orig intentions when i bought my drills was bosch because it took abuse, tho the saw crapped out on us when we cut 1.5" of mdf with it. but the wire just came off the motor was a easy fix and brought on by our own abuse which is understandable.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

Theres not twisting involved in mine, they just shatter and half the bits head ends up in the screw lol

What makita you got? Im running the litiom ion 18volts. pics here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=33832

Look at post #6 :) the same ones... i've been rocking them for almost two years now.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

damn those new drills are badass

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Very nice! How much did you got it for? Dewalt are good tools too but too pricey.

I paid $377 for both. The impact wrench came as a bonus when i bought the big one, kinda is a lot but they'll hopefully last at least five years..."hopefully"

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz