Harbor Freight Tools...better Than The Rest?

cheap tools for a college kid ftw, but some tools i just wont buy there, craftsman has a lifetime warranty on their hand tools, and i perfer my 150 pc craftsman socket set for 80 bucks to any harbor freight set.

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

I had a HF socket set for about 8 years that I grew up with and it always worked awesome. The case was a joke because the sockets always just mixed around in it, but it worked.

Until one day working on a buddies truck with the adapter end just simply twisted in half. What kind of BS is that?

So now I'm in the means to get a nice portable craftsman set if I can afford it. :)

Electrical tape, chip brushes, and other one time use odds and ends are very great to buy from HF.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I had a HF socket set for about 8 years that I grew up with and it always worked awesome. The case was a joke because the sockets always just mixed around in it, but it worked.

Until one day working on a buddies truck with the adapter end just simply twisted in half. What kind of BS is that?

So now I'm in the means to get a nice portable craftsman set if I can afford it. :)

Electrical tape, chip brushes, and other one time use odds and ends are very great to buy from HF.

I have had bad experiences with HF Electrical Tape, The tape side stuck to the exterior of the tape and peeled right off of the "Sticky side" and it wont hold even to itself for very long, especially in hot environments...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

I have had bad experiences with HF Electrical Tape, The tape side stuck to the exterior of the tape and peeled right off of the "Sticky side" and it wont hold even to itself for very long, especially in hot environments...

I love it for random stuff though, not just actual electrical connection applications. I use super 33 for that. ;)

But for like wrapping a cable that will be in a questionable spot that you want a little tougher insulation on, harbor freight tape FTW.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

There is no way in hell I would ever use HF tape in my car or a customers. Tape is something you don't skimp on... 3m or scotch only.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yea, there chip brushes are really good deal u get like a 32 pack for only what> 6 bucks>? thats pretty good

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

There is no way in hell I would ever use HF tape in my car or a customers. Tape is something you don't skimp on... 3m or scotch only.

You gotta read what I said, 3m super 33 is all I use for connections and wrapping normal wiring. However when it comes to wrapping things like a big wire loom that's already protected, I use HF tape to hold it together in questionable spots where I know it's going to be fine, the tape just keeps it together in which case you could use scotch tape if needed.

I'm just making a point HF stuff has it's situations where it shines for being cheap. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 1 month later...

Dropped another C note. Got the 1/4 inch router, the reciprocating saw, some more 18 inch clamps, a 6 inch c clamp, wire wheels, router bits, and a florescent light.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

its really not the tools its how you use them i got brand name and none brand name tools and they both work fine

Work truck. 94 s10

Hu: pioneer deh-2000 soon to be new deh-3200ub.

Pg ryval 6.5 coxial sound xtreme 4.6. Orignal 4x10.

Pg rsd1200.1 rsd.

Cerwin vega vmax12.2

big 3

8guage wiring soon to be 0

Archived