Second Skin Audio

Fi Btl Vs. Ascendant Audio Mayhem

Yes I know two very good subs I am in love with the Fi but out of curiosity what’s the difference between the two.

I know Scott makes both of them but other then that what is the difference?

Can anyone help me out on this? I know the Mayhem's RMS is 2500 when the BTL is 2000

What else is there, and is there different goals that would be achieved by the two

Just unsure the difference between the two and what would make them different

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Amp’s: Xtant – 603 & 1001 Chipped & Tuned II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

First thing is not a "BLT" its a BTL and the old style btl is the mayhem the newer style BTL is better than the mayhem.....is has more motor force.....AA is their dealer line and Fi is the internet based company.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

First thing is not a "BLT" its a BTL and the old style btl is the mayhem the newer style BTL is better than the mayhem.....is has more motor force.....AA is their dealer line and Fi is the internet based company.

The aa also has a differnt poll piece and soft parts are made a lil differnt as well useing the old btl magnet also you can get the aa's custom made to do bandpasses and take more rms if needed

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Damn your quick I noticed that like not even one minute after I posted and you got me on the BLT hahahahahaha thanks though lol

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

Kenwood KVT 915-DVD II 15” RE XXX (Fi Recone) II Components/ Center channel: Seas Audio, ScanSpea&k Dayton Reference II

Misc. Team PowerMaster Batt Cell, Xstatic 2000 Batcap, Street wires Zero Oxygen RCA Cables, 0 Gauge through out II Security Clifford Intelliguard 770

The AAs are all built the same (unless you make a really special request order) whereas the BTLs have options so you can configure them how you need them to be :)

Fully optioned BTL probably takes a bit more power than a Mayhem.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The AAs are all built the same (unless you make a really special request order) whereas the BTLs have options so you can configure them how you need them to be :)

Fully optioned BTL probably takes a bit more power than a Mayhem.

Thanks guys for all your help I was just curious and was unsure I know I can always turn here for the right info as trying to fish will just make things confusing talking to people who just dont understand and try to make it sound like they do... Once again thanks

1999 - 2Door Chevy Tahoe

• 3 years later...

Mayham was louder for me. I tried both.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived