Second Skin Audio

Btl Vs Hcca

go with the BTL. I run mine with a little over 3,000 watts to the sub and it takes it like a champ.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

All pissing conests aside...it's not alwys just about cone area. Granted cone area matters, but as mentioned, its the box etc.... Someone can make one 8 sound like two 12's so on and so forth.

That being said..I would go with the 18 BTL. :lol:

Oh and lets not forget xmax. (thers no replacement for displacement..uhhh :lol: )

Piss on :D

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I am bout to beat a dead horse. The cone area equation is flawed. Everywhere you look it says 18" subs have appx 254" sqaure inches of cone area. This is absolutley incorrect. This simple eqaution never takes into account the basket or surround neither of wich produce bass. think back a few years when mtx had that stupid ass 15" sub..the RFL. That had cone area of a 10" subwoofer.It was essentially a high output 10" You follow me? It may have had a crazy xmax but the truth is cone area is always louder than xmax. Let me give a break down before....before I get bombarded with hate mail. (2) 12" subs with 10mm of excursion will play louder than (1) 12" subwoofer with 20mm of excursion. piston area will always outdo xmax. with in reason of course. The down side to having more cone area bigger enclosure volume. There are always trade offs.

sorry for typo's.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

the BTL doesnt have crazy low end? thats a retarded statement. They do it just depends on your install, much like ALL subs. I can go to the DEPTHS of hell with the Hoopty.......all BTL's. I can go to the depths of hell with my honda which has RE MT's - a direct swap with BTL's would yield almost exactly the same results but sound better (and be more reliable) doing it. Not because of the name brand, but because of the box and the way its tuned.

You run HCCA because you want to be unique and you dont "run with the crowd"? sorry to tell you, young buck, but Orion has been around a lot longer then Fi and millions more people run orion then Fi - so yes you are for sure "running with the crowd"....

Put both subs in proper enclosures and I bet the HCCA will reproduce the lows better. I gaurantee the BTL will be louder hands down and more than likely sound a little better. I have installed BTLs before for guys that don't know shit about stereos so to me, they are everywhere (almost as bad as JL). I wasn't around in the audio world five, tens years ago. I haven't ever seen an Orion setup and I have been to a lot of car shows. They are just not around like they USED to I guess. I have played with one HCCA 15.2 tuned to 28 hertz and I was pretty impressed. I have installed an 18" BTL and two 12" BTL along with some other FI subs. Yes they are absolutely amazing, but I will never run them as long as there's brain dead morons running the same shit in my town. No the BTL DOES NOT HAVE CRAZY LOW END. Sorry, I don't care how low your four or eight BTLS get. The Hoopty better get low with eight 18"s. But were not comparing 8 BTLs to 1 HCCA. The box does make the subs, and I would rather run an HCCA before FI because now a days, they are unique, old timer. Remember, its not the name brand we are taking about but specific subs. Point is both are great subs, BTL is all around better sub. HCCA has some high points. I would run the HCCA. My opinion. No need to tear down others opinions, that disrespectful, just voice your own Mr. Meade.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

The reason the btl subs dont play loud, extremely low is due to the impedence plot of the sub as well as the fs of the driver which is around 35 hz broken in. The sub might be at 6 ohm at 20 hertz and at 1 ohm at 35-40 hz which would draw more current from the amplifier as well as peak at the resonance of the sub. This is why fi subs always seem to peak in this region. Not a bad thing if your into rap or rock. It is very common for this to occur in high output subwoofers with tight spiders and surrounds. This is why outputs will always being louder at those particular freq.

Hope that makes sense and I dont get beat up!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

x2 on the stupid videos. Even worse than that, they wasted those subs. They blew perfectly good subs and still proved no point. Reminded me of the MTX "smoking the competition video" Atleast the MTX actually did like comparisons. I hate it when audio companies get bought out. Bad things like that happen.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

bro you are on dope if you think a BTL cant hit the low lows.......i dont need 4 or 8 18's to do it, i can do it with 1 no problem. Your straight trippen - the BTL will go as low as ANY sub. And no, i dont give a fuck what you think or say either because i know im right..... so there :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

bro you are on dope if you think a BTL cant hit the low lows.......i dont need 4 or 8 18's to do it, i can do it with 1 no problem. Your straight trippen - the BTL will go as low as ANY sub. And no, i dont give a fuck what you think or say either because i know im right..... so there :)

""""""""""I don't care who you are that shit is funny rite there""""""""""

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Archived