Why Fleece Instead Of Lycra?

sorry for the newb question, but I saw someone used Lycra material for some pods, and then glassed the inside. their reasoning for the material choice is it's smoother requiring less time sanding/filling.

to me it is nicer due to the fact that it's thinner creating nicer edges for door pods/kick panels, etc.

is there any negative that I am not aware of since it seems most here do not use it (that I can tell)

sorry if it's ignorant...I searched, but no results.

thanks in advance

you can pretty much use any fabric you want. best to use fabrics with more polyester in them. fleece is probably just cheaper most the time so people use that. whatever floats your boat really

People use fleece if they

A. have it laying around (example: free)

B. don't know about ponte, or other fabrics.

C. don't have it local, in which most cases you can find fleece almost anywhere.

It all works, just some makes the end result easier, or works better depending on the situation.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I'm getting ready to start some a pillar pods and I plan on using some old t-shirts to build them with. They don't have to be super strong since they're pods cause I'll use some body filler to add a little bit of strength to them, but I don't plan on using any mat for them. They'll be fine this way since they're only pods like I said. If you were doing a sub box then I'd say use fleece because it's going to be much stronger since it can absorb much more resin then a t shirt.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

it doesnt matter what you use really, the main goal is to get whatever shape you are forming to lock-up so you can fiberglass it.....some stuff is easier to work with then others. I use fleece or that black, stretchy speaker grill material usually myself.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

non backed trunk liner works great too on larger projects like we used on Roscoes box if you can find a fabric warehouse to get it from. Just be prepared to go through alot of resin...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

great info fellas, many thank yous! was always curious about this stuff, but wondered why anyone would choose thick fleece for pods since it will look "bulky" where it meets the factory trim.....convenience is the answer I guess!

thanks again for helpin the newb out a bit :)