C&d High Rate Series Batteries

what do you guys think of this battery? i have a 75ah 270model and it does the job very well but im thinking of getting the one in the link, i was told its better than kinetik ,powermaster and from comparing the ah it looks like its better, what else do i look for?

http://www.cdstandbypower.com/product/batt.../pdf/12_475.pdf

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

X2

I get them local and damn its a beast 100lb battery... The 75ah model 270 doing great in my truck right now... But after New alternator then ima step it up :D

Seen a few over on ca.com too. All different sizes... Heres guy selling same size http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384756

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

what do you guys think of this battery? i have a 75ah 270model and it does the job very well but im thinking of getting the one in the link, i was told its better than kinetik ,powermaster and from comparing the ah it looks like its better, what else do i look for?

http://www.cdstandbypower.com/product/batt.../pdf/12_475.pdf

The specs look OK for a 100lb battery that is meant for UPS backup duty. This style battery was never designed for audio use, but for that matter neither are many of the other products on the market today. The XS Power batteries are purpose built to work with high current amplifiers for maximum daily or SPL power. Not to mention you get customer support from people who know SPL and car audio for 3 years after you purchase, and not a group of guys that build batteries for backup power supply systems. ;)

FYI: A 134Ah battery means that it can produce 6.7A of current for 20 hours... 6.7A x 20hrs = 134Ah. Does this spec really tell us which battery is better for car audio? I don't think it does... I would rather compare head to head, or listen to someone that has like Steve Meade, Tommy McKinnie, etc...

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Vic, from what I've been told by Terry Brocks those batteries are pretty much the exact same thing as the North Star Batteries. If you know anything about the Nsb's then you know that they are bad fucking ass power cells. We just had one of our teamates run two of the CD batteries at a NSPL 3X show in his explorer. He has 2 DD9515's and a single Stetsom 2k6d. His clamped power was 2200 watts and the spl put up was a 151.6! Now most of that was the install, but the batteries helped out none the less. Also Terry wouldn't lie about something like that either.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

talk to b slaps yo mama hes got some shit still i do believe

yea im not lookin to buy one from him, i can get them to. im just trying to get some helpful info on them.

The specs look OK for a 100lb battery that is meant for UPS backup duty. This style battery was never designed for audio use, but for that matter neither are many of the other products on the market today. The XS Power batteries are purpose built to work with high current amplifiers for maximum daily or SPL power. Not to mention you get customer support from people who know SPL and car audio for 3 years after you purchase, and not a group of guys that build batteries for backup power supply systems. ;)

FYI: A 134Ah battery means that it can produce 6.7A of current for 20 hours... 6.7A x 20hrs = 134Ah. Does this spec really tell us which battery is better for car audio? I don't think it does... I would rather compare head to head, or listen to someone that has like Steve Meade, Tommy McKinnie, etc...

a few audio shop close to me sell them like hot cakes, id rather not get into the ask steve thing he is sponsored by certain brands of course he isnt going to recommend anything else.

Vic, from what I've been told by Terry Brocks those batteries are pretty much the exact same thing as the North Star Batteries. If you know anything about the Nsb's then you know that they are bad fucking ass power cells. We just had one of our teamates run two of the CD batteries at a NSPL 3X show in his explorer. He has 2 DD9515's and a single Stetsom 2k6d. His clamped power was 2200 watts and the spl put up was a 151.6! Now most of that was the install, but the batteries helped out none the less. Also Terry wouldn't lie about something like that either.
yea until recent i have never heard of the bats, i found out i can geta good deal on them so i got one for the hell of it, told a few people and they acted like they never heard of the brand, swapped it out for my kinetik that dropped to 12.8 at full tilt to this that goes no lower than 13.2 im happy with the little tank i have but this big one sounds sexy, same size as kinetik 2400 but a little taller. and the price is great also. i did a swap out with a hc2000 and it so far out performs it. just wondering if its the 2400 killer i have been told it is.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Is the DEKA Intimidator Group 31 AGM batts decent as-well? 105AH 900CA 75LBs...... These are $175 @ NAPA....

they are decent batteries can usually be had cheaper then that though

part of what makes powermaster/kinetik batteries good is their max current and ability to handle high current (not necessarily high reserve) applications

powermaster group 31 is near 3000amps max, deka is like 900-1000. Not that you will draw 3000 amps off of either, but the headroom means they arent being taxed, arent heating up, and arent oxidizing plates as you beat on them.

that said, there are generic batts that get branded as powermaster or kinetik or whatever, and batteries arent exactly rocket science so its not like there is any reason for those to not perform as well

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC