Decent Cheap Head Unit

hey guys, I'm lookin for a head unit for my car and haven't bought a new one in a couple years. it seems like the prices jumped like crazy. the last head unit I bought was the pioneer deh5900 and I loved that head unit but stupidly left it in my last car when I sold it. I'm trying to look for a head unit with at least close to the specs of that one. I don't car what brand. Every brand I've looked at so far is at least $300 for one with a 7 band equalizer. my last pioneer was $179 and had all the features I would ever need but they don't sell it anymore.

what would you guys recommend? I don't need anything serious just looking for a decent one with at least more adjustablity than high low and mid and at least 2 sets of outputs.

thanks in advance for any recommendations

why not look at the moer newer pioneer ones?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i found sum on the net for like 130 but no luck on a new pioneer with a 7 band eq all with 3.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I looked into all the new ones but can't find anything decent for a good price. I know I don't need the 7 band equalizer but there was a huge difference in sound quality when I had one and I liked how easy it was to get the sound that I wanted. I found 1 pioneer 5900 at 1 place online and before I ordered it they sold out.

I was trying to find a pioneer because I already have a pioneer in my car just to make it a easy swap and all I've ever had is pioneer's.

ok, I looked it up on pioneers website and it said it only had a 3 band.

Are pioneers even good head units any more? The only problem I've had with mine so far is that I've fried the diodes for the rcas and getting engine noise on all of them not thinking about disconnecting the battery before removing or installing inputs but thats easily fixed with running a bare wire around the outputs to ground it

if your interested in the 5100 let me know i can get pioneer bnib for pretty cheap.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived