• 2 weeks later...

What's the best way for compound curves? I've only done it for simple curves without bubbles.

I've seen the idiots on Unique Whips apply it on the outside and shape it with a heat gun. I take it once you get the shape you then apply it from the inside as usual?

I get a real kick out of those minivans with about 200 bubbles in the back window.

So you chose jail time vs taking it off or a fine? R they gonna make you take it off?

usually idiots cant get those kind of customers, so i disagree.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Unlike them, i hope u dont get a ticket. tickets suck.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I can under stand the visor strip! but don't see the point in doing the hole windsheld. Seems like a wast of time. Not just the process of putting it on but the time sitting there waiting for the ticket from the slow ass cop, having to go home or shop and removing the tint, going to court and having the slow ass bailif walk out to the parking lot to see if you removed it, then going back to the shop to put it back on. Then you get pulled over again and your right back at it. Pointless IMO. you must be 18 with all the time in the world. I guess it boils down to what ever makes you happy!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

i have my whole front tinted but 2 different shades. 5% strip and 35% down the front. have been pulled over multiple times for the 5% sides and 1 time they said the strip was to far down the front but never noticed the 35% it helps out lots with glare and is hard to see in, in the daytime unless the sun hits it right and you cant see through at night with the windows up.

i got a hook up though to so I havent went to court yet or payed a ticket which is good

this pic is with the window down so the 35% looks lighter than it is, i didnt do the strip so dont complain about them few bubbles. that line im pointing to is the stopping point for a legal strip

Posted Image

I have mine tinted all the way around 5% and 35% on the winshield.

Posted Image

Posted Image

BlockShaker's Competition Page and Build-Up Pics

MY SET UP:

Eclipse CD5435 CD/MP3 Player

Alpine DVE-5207 DVD Player

Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" Monitor

Alpine TUE-T151 TV Tuner

Boyo Back Up Camera

Alpine ERA-G320 EQ

Apple Mini Ipod

Scosche RF Wireless Remote for Ipod

Stinger Volt Meter

Audiocontrol MVC

Precision Power PCX-2400

Precision Power PCX-4125

MB Quart Premium PCE-215 (2 Sets)

MB Quart Premium 6 1/2" Mid-Bass

JL Audio 15W0-8 (8)

Stinger Battery Power2 SP1000 (2)

Stinger Fuse Blocks, Holders and Distribution

Alumapro 15 Farad Cap

Stinger 200Amp Relay

100 Blue LEDs (Headliner and Amp Rack)

Stinger Hyper RCAs

Stinger Wiring- 1/0 GA, 4 GA, 8 GA, 10 GA, 12 GA and 14 GA

5 Blue LED Toggle Switches

• 2 weeks later...

there is no way that that tinted windshield is not going to effect your vision. I know for a fact it does. any light inside the cab will greatly reduce your sight. such as your insterment panle. Wate until it gets dirty. Ive had my windows tinted for years. You cant tint your windshield and drive safely at night. You wont be able to see inside thru the wind shield. If you 2% your side windows and do a good visor strip.

heres some i had that was less then limo i had to drive at night with the stupid windows down. if you look to the top right you can see how bright it really is out side.

Posted Image

i drove my truck recently from pensacola fl back to new orleans which is about a 3 hour ride and i made it during the night fine. i cant see as much light on the road with the 35% and there where long stretchs of the interstate without any light, but i made it ok, no real visable problems. now 5% the whole front and i couldnt do it

Archived