Sealed Box Tricks

Make sure that box is like a rock.

The smallest panel flex will hurt you.

Ducttape over the woofer flange.

hey ray ive been spraying the inside of my box with *** spectrum (after adding extra silicone on any "holes" there are) and just had a thought. should i throw some fiberglass cloth in the mix? by that i mean get the surface wet with some spectrum lay the cloth down let it dry for a bit of adhesion and continue spraying? would this do anything without resin? only reason i wouldnt use the resin is i dont think the spectrum would stick to the resin

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Poly-fill makes the box seem larger, would probably result in more excursion :o

X2 don't do that unless you want to go lower or play flatter and you can use to much poly fill and lose output and cause super excusion. Can you say bye-bye spider.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Poly-fill makes the box seem larger, would probably result in more excursion :o

X2 don't do that unless you want to go lower or play flatter and you can use to much poly fill and lose output and cause super excusion. Can you say bye-bye spider.

Thats why you guys are the pros..and im the noob..:D

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

the spectrum instead of resin idea wont do squat.

use resin with the cloth, then give it a good rough sand with like 60 grit then add spectrum, it wont come off.

60 grit?

That shits for pussies.

36grit all day baby.

But yeah gotta resin it man.

And i would try to make the box smaller.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If you can already do a 148+ out of the sealed box it's probably not the box that needs any work. You need to test different things in the car. Try holding certain pannels when you burp the vehicle, try different seat positions, flip the visors down, have someone sit in the middle of the windshield, try bracing the trunk of the car, add some deadener to help seal off some cavities in the car to bring up the car's note. There are so many little things that can add up to a db or even more. I'd be willing to bet with a good day of testing you can squeeze out a db in your car. Also like you said try sealing the box off from the trunk. If you fire everything foward and build a shell type seal around the box it will work like a bandpass and still allow you to keep your sq. It may work so well you will have your 150 out of it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived