Second Skin Audio

What 18 = 4kw Daily?

kfx450r

i did not see it talked about but i have 2 18" treo ssx 4" coils and i running them at around 4300wrms with no problems and never smelled a coil get hot yet so if you can get a good deal on the TREO SSX's ive owned rd audio dd audio mtx 9500's and the fi btls and i would never go back to any of them from now on its going to be treo all the way but they are some good subs mentioned in the other post this is just my 2 cents here is a link to some vids of them beating the shit out of my probe gt

2 18" treo ssx

Actually the TSNS is probably the ONLY one of those woofers that can handle a daily dose of 4K watts. It's also the only one that comes with a 4" coil. The rest of the mentioned subs have 3" coils and not a single one of them can take 4K for daily for LONG periods of time. Each one of them can take 4K daily for short periods, but not like some people listen to their shit full blast for hours on end.

ive had 4,000+ on each of my btl's since day 1. NEVER blew a coil. The worst i did was break a tinsel or 2 and since they went with the new tinsel style, that hasnt even happened in WELL over a year.

Yah..I never full blast my sound for long periods of time due to.. cops, annoying people to no end, dont like to burn my shit up..especially if it consists of 2000$+ of equiptment. But i would like it to handle full blast for maybe 30 minutes at the most. If I ever wanted it to. Of course I will have the electrical to handle it. Not saying I will abuse it. but I would like it to be able to take the abuse if ever needed.

And it looks like the TSNS is the only one that will fit my needs.

there will probably never be a situation where you are going to sit somewhere for 30 minutes straight at full tilt. Even if you were to do that, which i doubt you would, what you are playing in that system will decide if it can survive it that long. A song that is dynamic with quick beats etc will make it a heck of a lot longer then if you were playing full bass tones or basslines that resemble bass tones. That shit will tax ANY system i dont care what you have. I can play at full tilt for over a minute before they start gettin warm and a HAIR less then full tilt i can go MUCH longer. You dont want to be trapped in my ride for a 30minute session with no break. (even if they could take it) :D And dont say you DO because even i get tired of it after a minute or so at that volume (HIGH).

And after impedance rise none of them see 4k anyway :) music is funny like that.

i guess the topic should be "which sub can take a 4,000 watt AMP" since there is always someoene out there that will say you arent running what you think you are running. IR does come into play though so it is a little less i agree, but not THAT much less. Lets just say I have a 4,000 watt amp that does almost 5,000w (with the electrical to back it up) its PROBABLY somewhere near 4,000 still and im sure it hits its full potential at certain frequencies.....regardless ive had a T4000.1bd on each of my subs for a LONG TIME and my BTL's are doing just fine.

if you have to ask....i dont think your ready for it.

X2

the thread should have stopped here since it dont get more true then that.

adding 4,000 watts to [any] sub rated at 2,000 is NOT for everybody. If you know what your doing it can be done but its NOT recommended and it will most likely void any warranty you had with whatever manufaturer you choose.

edit: my last sentance leads me to ask......what sub out there is RATED and WARRANTEED at 4,000rms? I dont think any of the ones mentioned here are.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Do you mean you want to have a 4kw amp on the subs and beat the living daylights out of them below the rated impedance of the amp ?

Or do you want to run the amp at rated impedance (eg: 1 ohm if it's rated 1 ohm) and play music with occasional periods of full volume ?

Those things are quite different :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

the tsns, rd audio heavys or supers, audiopulse ultras r rated at 5000rms wit 4" coils, or some soundstreams. but i think 2 18s, if possible, or 2 15s is better. more cone area, and 15s can handle as much power as 18s

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

Do you mean you want to have a 4kw amp on the subs and beat the living daylights out of them below the rated impedance of the amp ?

Or do you want to run the amp at rated impedance (eg: 1 ohm if it's rated 1 ohm) and play music with occasional periods of full volume ?

Those things are quite different :)

Number 2. Wired to 1 ohm. And to meade..I dont get sound just to play it when im sitting in a parking lot. Almost everywher i drive is over 30 minutes so I would like it to be able to handle loudness for longer trips in the car..Not saying i will have it full blast for 30 straight minutes but just becuz I wont doesnt mean I dont want it to be able to if I ever feel like it. I think im leanin more towards the safer side of 2x 18s now tho. I understand wut everyones getting at. And it seems the T3 TSNS is listed (and i would guess warrantied) at 4000...so theres 1, and the XXX soundstream is well over 4000 on their site. A solo x 18 could still be possible but Id like to hear one before I took the dive for that. Also i most likely wont have my amp cranked to its max potential..even rated at 4k. Id prob keep it to mid 3000 if i can. Im not the type to waste money by blowing shit up :) better safe than sorry im sure even that would suffice.

I have to agree with Steve on the 4k amp that can do 5k even with imp rise and what not still getting about 4k BUt I did have a 3k amp that was benched at around 3,200 clean wattage. After installiing it the rise was about 4x on what the starting was and and the sub was only seeing little over 1,100. It was not a Sundown if you guys are wondering and dont wanna state the amp as it is as of no concern. All im trying to say is its totally different if your asking if a sub can take a 4k amp which might only do 2-3k after everything or if your looking for a sub that will take a clean 4k after everything.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

Many 3" coil subs become candidates once again @ rated 1 ohm on a 4kw amp. On music you aren't seeing 4kw continuously - or anywhere near it most of the time. When you drop to 1/2 ohm on an amp that big I would start considering 4" coil subs exclusively.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

ive had 4,000+ on each of my btl's since day 1. NEVER blew a coil. The worst i did was break a tinsel or 2 and since they went with the new tinsel style, that hasnt even happened in WELL over a year.

I'm sure that your one of the few that can actually do that too.

Also you don't roll around beating the piss out of the subs at full volume for 30+ minutes like this guy is wanting to. Not to mention that there's no way your seeing 4K on those subs on music EVER. On a test tone definately for a split second, but if your running your amps at the 1 ohm suggested impedence you know as well as I that your not going to give a constant 4K to those subs after the impedence rise. They're probably seeing more like 2500 or so on a constant basis and maybe touching around 4K at points but not constantly. In order to do that I would think that you would need around a 6K amp on each sub to give them at least 4K at all times.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

This is what I ALWAYS wanted to know about Steve. Everybody always refers to him and say BTLs can take 4k daily. Does Steve beat those BTLs driving around for songs end on end? His demo are only for about 30sec each and wonder if its that short because they wont take it for half a song or a whole song. Not in anyway a diss just very curious.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

Archived