mtx jackhammer 24 inch square vs. btl 18

guys, its not worth the price...kinda like JL but worse...but for u guys to dawg the product is wrong...

but i bet the jackhammer isnt as big of a piece of shit as u ppl think.

it has potential yes. but fore less money u can get a better built and more reliable and more practical sub that is louder. thats all most of us are saying.

itll still take one hell of a woofer to beat it tho, ur not gonna get a 12" sub from some other company to be louder (most likely).

it is so expensive for a reason. people arent supposed to buy it. its a gimmick to promote the real woofers they have

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

it has potential yes. but fore less money u can get a better built and more reliable and more practical sub that is louder. thats all most of us are saying.

itll still take one hell of a woofer to beat it tho, ur not gonna get a 12" sub from some other company to be louder (most likely).

it is so expensive for a reason. people arent supposed to buy it. its a gimmick to promote the real woofers they have

i know i get what you're saying...

as for many other subs getting louder. Nobody uses them in competition that i know of so that statement isnt particularly true....

I bet if this woofer were in the hands of any good installer they could get it just as loud if not louder than a BTL....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

you are joking right my 12" would shit on the jackass hammer

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i know i get what you're saying...

as for many other subs getting louder. Nobody uses them in competition that i know of so that statement isnt particularly true....

I bet if this woofer were in the hands of any good installer they could get it just as loud if not louder than a BTL....

For 18+x the price, it better get louder!

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

For 18+x the price, it better get louder!

right, then what makes it a piece of shit that everyone is talking about?

price doesnt justify if something is a nice product or not.

i bet if they were just as much as a BTL everybody would be running them.

just like everyone who says that the W7 is a piece of shit etc...when it is a very nice quality sub...sure better can be had for less but that doesnt make JL a piece of shit.

EDIT: I guess the T15k is a piece of shit too because more power can be had for less....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I think people miss the whole reason why the jackhammer was created..

It was created for bling factor.

Bragging rights.. My sub is bigger then your sub..

Look at all the black people out there, 24, 26,28, 30 inch rims.. To go with the big rims they need big subs.. and the 394 pound jackhammer was invented.

Im sure the speakers could get very loud in the right install and at least a good 10krms to push them.

PS: 10grand for the jackhammer huh? I can get one for under 7grand. :P

you are joking right my 12" would shit on the jackass hammer

doubt it (lest u have a very very powerful 12). but we will never know because no one is willing to buy one and really test it. i know im not.

just cuz pimp my ride could only make 2 of them hit 13x.xx doesnt matter. the potential of this woofer is massive the practicality is tiny thereby proving my theory that it is just a way to move product. similar to a concept car

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I think people miss the whole reason why the jackhammer was created..

It was created for bling factor.

Bragging rights.. My sub is bigger then your sub..

Look at all the black people out there, 24, 26,28, 30 inch rims.. To go with the big rims they need big subs.. and the 394 pound jackhammer was invented.

Im sure the speakers could get very loud in the right install and at least a good 10krms to push them.

PS: 10grand for the jackhammer huh? I can get one for under 7grand. :P

i guess bigger dosent always mean better, well not when it comes to subwoofers. hell in that case whats up with the audiobahn wok woofer. i got a blown one in my backyard. what!?

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

It is too bad MTX gets so much crap for making this sub. They knew when they made the sub it was not a practical sub for a lot of people to buy. It was just a "because we can" sub. something flashy to display at a show and maybe sell to a few people as advertisement.

Like stated above - JL makes nice stuff, it is just expensive. Same with MTX - they make a few nice pieces of equipment. . .You like them or you don't.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived