Second Skin Audio

DD subs

im looking to get some more subs, i have liked the look of the dd subs for a long time. i have seen a few that dr.db has installed and im wondering the difference on the 3500 18 and the dc with lvl 4 that i have now. gotbass seems to think they are not as good as dc.and double the price..from the specs im thinking the same but hoping they are better. im looking for opinions from someone who has used both or has knowledge good on both.i dont want to downgrade.but i dont mind paying more if its a better sub.

bangin caddy whats your opinion??

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

ive never heard a sub that was louder through all frequencies. I did a direct drop in with a RE XXX and the DD 9515 shit all over them. May not have sounded as good as a XXX but it shit on them. Ive never had DC to play with but I'm a firm believer in DD and even have a pair of 1508s to go in my daily once I can get a box built and stop spending money on my house.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

dc lvl4 xl... little more than the lvl4, little less than 3500 in $

u know dd is good... but i have a feeling u will want to give them more than 1200rms (dd)

ive yet to hear dc, but i heard a bunch of dd and its likely the installs that kept me from justifying the high price tag... but i was never that impressed for the $ spent

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Dd subs are beasts and have been round 4ever but havin worked with both i would suggest the XL 18 SMALLER price tag and a wondrrful sub and they will get down and dirty. just 2 pain a picture i did a demo with a lvl 4xl 10 in a tline box on 1000 watts and did a 151.0 at the headrest in a 96 accord

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Dd subs are beasts and have been round 4ever but havin worked with both i would suggest the XL 18 SMALLER price tag and a wondrrful sub and they will get down and dirty. just 2 pain a picture i did a demo with a lvl 4xl 10 in a tline box on 1000 watts and did a 151.0 at the headrest in a 96 accord

Dang that one 10 is louder than my two 18s on 3,000w in a wall....

I must be doing something wrong.....

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

-Drew

i think i smell something too drew...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

jus 2 set the record straight i myself as well as everyone at the demo was in awe the guy who was runnin the meter double checked all the settings to make sure everything was set right. also the 151 was peak the average for that show from all 4 runs was a 147.8 which is still sick those tlines aint no joke lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

-Drew

honestly in a car like that I don't see the point of metering on the headrest.

drew you would basically be doing port wars if yours was on the headrest.

99vic the one thing I seem to take away from people using DD is it seems more of a burp sub to me like a one note wonder type of small gap between motor and vc type of SPL sub.

my opinion means nothing though since I have never owned one just something I have gathered.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

haha i didn't notice that headrest part- hell he me be right then!

my "headrest" score would be ~4" from the cone of the driver haha

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

honestly in a car like that I don't see the point of metering on the headrest.

drew you would basically be doing port wars if yours was on the headrest.

99vic the one thing I seem to take away from people using DD is it seems more of a burp sub to me like a one note wonder type of small gap between motor and vc type of SPL sub.

my opinion means nothing though since I have never owned one just something I have gathered.

thats what i use to think...but i have seen dd used as daily subs. drdb did a build with a few that were great on music and iirc bangin caddy uses his for daily too. i love the look of them and im thinking of giving thema try BUT the 1,000 cash and 180 mile round trip vs. the price from rusty is very hard to do. maybe ill keep them on my wish list.

anybody else got any advice

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/