kurupt305 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 now were talking this is def a section for me
OrionStang Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 You guys still lifting weights out there? haha. I'm on week 3 of a Wendler cycle which means it's PR week! Today was legs and I squatted 180 for 5 reps. 4 weeks ago my last PR was 170 for 3 reps. Progress! For the rest of the week I'm shooting to bench 170, deadlift 215, and push 95 on seated military press. I would say I'm on an unintentional bulk right now but I like the progress. Gaining a little weight, getting stronger, and getting bigger. Downside of course being I have a slight belly coming back. Ugh. Going to hit legs in about an hour. Sucks that I can't squat anymore. Oh well, i'll load up the leg press and go to town, finish with extensions, hammy curls, and calves. Basic as it gets. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
kurupt305 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 figure i share this this was back in june on soome air force base in las vegas 495 lb deadlift i was already beat i was doing 20 reps with one cadi then 15 with 2 cadis then 10 with 3 cadis by 4 i was beat then did the 5 caddis i went for two reps but was beat last week was able to dead 515lbs for one rep set a lil PR for myself
blownengine Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 Nice weight man! I'm at less then half that. haha. Work in progress. Why can't you squat Stang? Prior injuries still nagging? 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
kurupt305 Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 @ stang do reverse lunges on smith machine as if setting up for a squat and stepping back with one leg ewwww youll feel the pain and burn trust me start light maybe with 25s on each side go for reps
OrionStang Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 @ stang do reverse lunges on smith machine as if setting up for a squat and stepping back with one leg ewwww youll feel the pain and burn trust me start light maybe with 25s on each side go for reps I'll get there. Been powerlifting for 15 years. Tore a pec last October, never quite came back. Then in January/February, my squat and dead weights were dropping, getting weaker for no apparent reason. I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the lower lumbar region, plus a couple other things in that area. So, now my focus is to get my bench back up, and stay very basic and safe for my lower back and legs. Im only 32, I don't need to make the back issues any worse. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dwn4BassAlan Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 @ stang do reverse lunges on smith machine as if setting up for a squat and stepping back with one leg ewwww youll feel the pain and burn trust me start light maybe with 25s on each side go for reps I'll get there. Been powerlifting for 15 years. Tore a pec last October, never quite came back. Then in January/February, my squat and dead weights were dropping, getting weaker for no apparent reason. I was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the lower lumbar region, plus a couple other things in that area. So, now my focus is to get my bench back up, and stay very basic and safe for my lower back and legs. Im only 32, I don't need to make the back issues any worse. This could sound dumb, but do you sit for really long periods of time? Like for work do you essentially sit 100% of the time for many many hours? And if you do, do you stretch your legs (hamstrings) much? I had a project for Anatomy for lower back pain and a big cause is when people sit alot, and the muscles in the front your legs connect your your lower spine, so they get tight and when you stand up it stretches them and can pull on your back, so they say to stretch daily. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
blownengine Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 True. Muscle imbalances/ tightness can cause many different pains. I stretch my whole body twice daily. After working out and before bed. I'm still working on correcting an exaggerated lumbar by strengthening my abs, glutes, and hamstrings. 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
OrionStang Posted October 15, 2012 Report Posted October 15, 2012 I'm very educated on anatomy, physiology, and nutrition. Thanks though. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Awhitewookie Posted October 16, 2012 Report Posted October 16, 2012 Hey guys. Several pages ago I asked about my problem with not gaining weight. Well I have confirmed it was a lack of food intake, even though I felt like I was eating all day. I have tested 6 different daily caloric intake calculators based off my age, height, weight, % body fat, and amount of exercise. Those results showed that in order for me to NOT LOSE WEIGHT I need to take in 2600-3500 cal/day. So, my question is: What are some high calorie foods you eat during the day? I need to change my diet Thanks everyone! MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.