drewb53 Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 I do incline db bench because I find that it is a lot easier than trying to find someone to spot for me. So I do get my incline, and I am starting to use an incline press machine (not really a machine you put plates on each side). 2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012 no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.
OrionStang Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 Im married and in my 30's, don't care about looks much. I'm for pure numbers. Here's a sample Bench workout, though its always changing. Flat bench 5-8 sets of 8-10 reps at a given weight(The sets and weight go up, reps down as I get closer to comp or max day) Incline Iso Chest Machine 4xF HEAVY AS FAWK for 5-8 reps Dips 2 sets of 10, 1 set to Failure Close grip pulldowns 5 sets. Squeeze and feel for the UPPER lats to do the work. Reverse PecDeck 3 sets of 15, increasing weight each set. Military press has its own day, with the same concept. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 for incline I've been using dumbbells...I have a sinus infection so I'm weak right now...Monday I was pushing 75 pounds per arm and my wrist and shoulder gave out...last week I was at 115 per arm. obviously I need to take some time off. but the dumbbells are incredible for the surrounding support muscles...and the front delt. when I rock a flex (in case you didn't know, I have a HUGE ego)my shoulders look like bowling balls right now. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
drewb53 Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 Today on my incline db bench I got 3x10 with 45 lb dumbbells. Again that was the most that I have put up, and its nice to be going up in weights. 2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012 no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.
finkster Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 nice. most i ever got up was 105s 4 times. Since i took some time off im weak now in comparison. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
kirill007 Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 If your muscles hurt the next day after the exercices, does it mean it's too much? I have started working out lately and i don't eat or take anything special, just eating normal food, no special diet. A little soreness is normal. You'll know if you tear something lol. You got to eat more the harder you work out. ok, it feels like the muscles are "stuck", i wanted to know if you should better skip it the next day or workout some more? And i do eat more Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Superjay Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 If your muscles hurt the next day after the exercices, does it mean it's too much? I have started working out lately and i don't eat or take anything special, just eating normal food, no special diet. A little soreness is normal. You'll know if you tear something lol. You got to eat more the harder you work out. ok, it feels like the muscles are "stuck", i wanted to know if you should better skip it the next day or workout some more? And i do eat more that's good. stretch and eat...and rest...then stretch again Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
finkster Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 Just got back from the gym. Like last time, hardest workout ever. I stuck it out this time though. I couldn't do it as fast as the speeds suggested but my trainer says it takes a good month to be able to tackle these workouts, and the main thing is to keep moving. The last giant set was killer. BACK, BICEPS, AND SHOULDERS Run: 1 mile as fast as possible Giant Set: Complete two rounds of each without any rest. Good Luck! Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 15 T-Bar Row: 30 Pull Up Hold: 35 seconds Cable Rows: 15 Rowing Machine: 650 meters Giant Set: Complete two sets of each without any rest. Alternating Grip Pull-Ups: 6 each side Floor Pull Downs: 20 Close Grip Pull-Ups: 15 Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 20 Jump Rope: 3 minutes Giant Set: Complete two rounds of each without any rest. Lat Pull Downs: 15 Battle Ropes: 60 seconds Straight Bar Bicep Curls: 10 Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 10 Giant Set: Complete two rounds of each without any rest. Dragon Flags: 15 Decline Sit Ups: 20 Hanging Knee Raises: 15 High Knee Jumps: 20 Run: Half of a mile as fast as possible with grade on 3% DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
drewb53 Posted April 6, 2011 Report Posted April 6, 2011 Damn fink that is nuts lol 2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012 no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.
rysc86 Posted April 7, 2011 Report Posted April 7, 2011 How r those working for you OrionStang?..... Meh. Creatine is creatine. Adds a couple reps to the heavy sets and helps me keep the pump longer. new squat max today...495...my lower back hurts Thats a good lift, man. Parallel? My knees hate me after anything more than 350 or so, but I still go higher I got ONE at that weight...I didn't get parallel, but close. My knee is so pissed at me right now I can barely get up and down my stairs. I'm couching it all day with an ice pack on my knee. The weight amazed me because my legs are so skinny, they're strong, i just can't seem to get mass on them. I think I was showing off...wife didn't go with me and some little blond with a pixie cut was on the next rack...one of the best asses i've ever seen...I got her attention, but I don't know how worth it that lift was....ya know...since all i can do is run to the end of my chain and bark, anyway have you tried breathing squats yet?? iirc correctly its where you take your 10RM do it 10x rest a few seconds bang out a couple more n repeat till you get to 20. check t-nation.com for better details. its supposed to add a good deal of mass to your legs. have you tried ATG (Ass to Grass) squats? the greater ROM should help you use your quads more. Even though i do ATG i never tried breathing squats yet since my thighs are huge and even though i'm 5'9 314 lbs i can't pinch a inch anywhere on my legs except inner thigh and thats barely a inch 1997 crown vic police interceptor headunit: avic x710bt sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now mid/high amp:h/u power FTL wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.