DC Sound Lab

for a 2 to 3 hundred pound ferrite it takes a 20 to 30 pound high grade neo magnet to equal it but for some reason every neo mag sub i have used my scores start off great but the more i play the sub the lower my score drops i do not know if it was the neos fault or not but i do know when i switch back to ferrite mags my score stays the same.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

x100 call rusty say you got a grand and youll get a good deal, call him asking about this and that everyday (imguilty of this) he wont take you seriously. lvl 6 is a given, there has to be somewhere to go after a 5 :)

and you do realize a level 6 is going to bridge the emptiness above the lvl 5, were talking a 800$+ subwoofer

the level 5's msrp is $1100 (dont worry this aint the confidential price)

practicality tells you to use neo mags on somethign larger then a lvl 5

neo mags vs a ferrite youd need a 200-300lb ferrite to = a 50 pound neo maybe even more lb on the ferrite side.

i dunno about you but id run 4 50lb neo subs (ie z series or warden) over 1 200-300lb ferrite monster subwoofer

id run the ferrite for the pure sexiness :P

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

the level 5's msrp is $1100 (dont worry this aint the confidential price)

id run the ferrite for the pure sexiness :P

agreed!

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

You ever hear about a Contractor, Painter, Car Audio Installer ect ... that will quote you some outrageous price....ever think they're doing that so they DON"T have to deal with you? :search:

Ain't that the truth! I don't even know how many 16 year old kids have came in bull shitting how they are ordering 2 18" BTL's and want a box built for their 89 cavalier or their 96 saturn. I get real rediculous real quick with prices for them :spiteful:

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

if the Level 6s come out soon can i trade my Level 5s out for Level 6s?

if you need anybody to test them ill b glad to Rusty :D

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

for a 2 to 3 hundred pound ferrite it takes a 20 to 30 pound high grade neo magnet to equal it but for some reason every neo mag sub i have used my scores start off great but the more i play the sub the lower my score drops i do not know if it was the neos fault or not but i do know when i switch back to ferrite mags my score stays the same.

I thought Neo lost its strength faster due to heat then ferrite, and if so then that's why your scores went down faster then the ferrite subs.

been alot of debate on this, maybe the technology has changed I mean the DD' Z's seem to do well with a shit ton of power so maybe its dependent of the design??

The coating on Neo helps a lot. A lot of neo can be purchased with a higher temp coating

And neo does lose power at HALF the heat ferrite does, in fact more than half.

I know ferrite motors, you can BBQ them to separate the magnets, top plate, and back plate, and the magnets will be very very weak, and thats about 450-500 deg max core temp

I think neo loses its magnetism(over time) closer to 150-180deg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The coating on Neo helps a lot. A lot of neo can be purchased with a higher temp coating

And neo does lose power at HALF the heat ferrite does, in fact more than half.

I know ferrite motors, you can BBQ them to separate the magnets, top plate, and back plate, and the magnets will be very very weak, and thats about 450-500 deg max core temp

I think neo loses its magnetism(over time) closer to 150-180deg

i would imagine some trunks cold reach that temperature...
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER