1967 Mustang restoration reserection thread

nice work man. this stuff takes years to complete so any progress is good progress. not bad welding for the first time either. Im guessing you bought the risers cuz I didnt see any metal shapers or bead rollers in the pics...no matter, just means you'll get done that much quicker. Ill watch this for more progress :popcorn:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Lol yea. Though I do have access to the stuff to do it I just bought them. With a car like a mustang they aren't expensive enough to merit the time of making them.

It's been a long time since I've seen one with that much hurt on it being redone from scratch, nice work man. I have two friends and 2 family members with 60's Stangs, they are slick. 8)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Yea, Im not really sure how to classify how bad the rust is on this one. Realistically the body is in pretty good shape besides the front bumper (obviously not even there, but from what I got from the guy who had it before me that was more a factor of curb damage than rust), the front left fender and the back of the quarters behind the tires. The majority of the rest of the body is pretty good still. Otherwise this wouldn't have been a good project...

For awhile I was thinking I might replace both the fenders but I blasted the passenger side this summer (still haven't found the pics) and I think it is salvageable, but Im pretty sure the drivers side isn't worth the work. Oh well.

Yea, Im not really sure how to classify how bad the rust is on this one. Realistically the body is in pretty good shape besides the front bumper (obviously not even there, but from what I got from the guy who had it before me that was more a factor of curb damage than rust), the front left fender and the back of the quarters behind the tires. The majority of the rest of the body is pretty good still. Otherwise this wouldn't have been a good project...

For awhile I was thinking I might replace both the fenders but I blasted the passenger side this summer (still haven't found the pics) and I think it is salvageable, but Im pretty sure the drivers side isn't worth the work. Oh well.

If you have the time it's worth the effort and that is all there is to it. Back when I was younger all my buddies did their work from scratch, but now that we are in our 30's it would be a cold day in hell before they didn't pick up a catalog and order the quarters or get them local (Detroit has insane amounts of muscle parts) ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived