Not impressed with current alternator technology :-(

Guest DC Power Rob

That is just not true at all.. Alternators don't "lose" output, or decrease in performance with age like some solid state components do.. If someone is telling you that, they are seriously mis-informed..

Multiple stock alternators are just fine, we sell hundreds of dual alternator kits that way.. Most people who call me for alternators, unless they need BIG power, I try and sell them what they *need* not what they *think* they need.. Best dual kit setup around IMHO is our dual kit with 2 190 amp alts.. Best bang for the buck by far..

We could go over this all day long, but despite just about everyones bad experiences with H.O alternators in the past, we are NOT your average company, and we have proved it over and over and over.. It IS possible to make H.O alternators that have phenominal output across the board, especially at idle, and beat the hell out of them daily without them losing any performance..

what i found out (from gary) is once the after market alt goes low on voltage there is no way of getting it back up with out senidng it back in what imma do it just run 2 3 4 stock alts its always better to keep your stock alt..thats just me..i cant see my self giving my pay check for an alt i agree with you

edit: also u got to relize that meade has been through like 9 alts in the Hoe

edit 2: everybody will show the good side of their system but not the bad u know what i mean

That is just not true at all.. Alternators don't "lose" output, or decrease in performance with age like some solid state components do.. especially at idle, and beat the hell out of them daily without them losing any performance..

i beat the hell out of my dc alt every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Guest DC Power Kyle

The new 270XP that Robbie just put in my car was on the test bench for 1-1.5 hours getting slammed as hard as it can and then it did that output at idle later on that night.

My old alternator from DC Power did still 140-150 at idle, 290amps max hot. That was in my car since Nov '08. I also beat the crap out of it and drained my battery down to 11 volts flat and after a 30 mile trip home my battery was completely recharged.

Everyone knows more about Meade than Meade himself..lol. Steve, I can only imagine some of the shit people say with reference to your name.

Rob- Shoot me a price on one. I know Kyles is the same as mine and I know can see how well it works. =D

Also let me know what you think them ext regs will cost so I can save up now haha

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

The new 270XP that Robbie just put in my car was on the test bench for 1-1.5 hours getting slammed as hard as it can and then it did that output at idle later on that night.

My old alternator from DC Power did still 140-150 at idle, 290amps max hot. That was in my car since Nov '08. I also beat the crap out of it and drained my battery down to 11 volts flat and after a 30 mile trip home my battery was completely recharged.

i run a deka intimidator big 3 and my dc alt with bxi 2608 and 2 10 w7's and mcintosh mc431m and it doesnt drop below 12.5 at idle unless it sits for 3minutes or more

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

what do you mean ive been thru 9 alts in the hoe? i have 4.........last year i over did it and blew up all 4 in one sitting (from something I shouldnt have done). Since i had them repaired, i have had no problems. Bro, you dont know anything about my alt situation so why comment on that?

okay 5 from 9 same thing :pardon: ..its not what i know just what i heard through the grape vine..dont want u gettin mad over anything like i said just HUUURD!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

okay 5 from 9 same thing :pardon: ..its not what i know just what i heard through the grape vine..dont want u gettin mad over anything like i said just HUUURD!

you are terrible at math. 4, not 5. The 4 didnt go out at different times suggesting i have an alternator problem......they all went at once from something i did during a demo.

BTW: your grapevine is weak and doesnt know Sh#t so quit using them as your news source ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

all simply because idk how many alts u got :D and you shouldnt have done what u have done during the demo lol..

but yeah im sticking to the grapefruit.. its better that u know what ppl say **or what goes around** but dont worry weather u smoke 9 alts or 4 u still the man :good:

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Everyone knows more about Meade than Meade himself..lol

LOL :)

All I know is, the guy knows about 100 X's as much as I do about car audio, and he is my car stereo idol :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And again, I actually would like to get a nice, aftermarket alt for my F150 ASAP, and maybe one for the Hyundai at some point too.

The only thing I still stand by, is that when I hit the lotto, I'm going to rig an "already produced" generator, to be turned straight off of my 5.4L with as many HP's as it takes, to produce 1500 amps (if I need 1000) and 2000 amps (if I need 1500).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan, I had heard 130 to 155 depending on which model / year F150.... But your probably right about mine doing 130. So far though, with my "waaay better than factory battery" (it's a re-labled Odyssey) and the Big 3 (4 actually) all done in 1/0, I have not had any issues whatsoever..... No dimming lights or anything. Granted, I'm running a very lightweight system compared to many of you guys. Just an RF Power 1000 25 to Life.

But put it this way..... when it does finally fail (unless it lasted 6 or 8 years, which I doubt) I will definately be thinking > HO Alt.

Peace,

Fish

Archived