Second Skin Audio

FI BL magnet weight???

newls1

NOt to be a smart ass, but the AQ's magnet should weigh 21.25Lbs. 340oz/16=21.25! My question is this now, DJ say the 18 weighs ~55Lbs, if the magnet is only 21.25lbs, what the hell is the rest from?

Like I said in my post the weight is made up a lot of the top and bottom plates. They are not considered the acutal magnet so they don't count toward the mag's weight but do the total weight of the driver. Ask him what the MOTOR weight it and I'm sure that he will tell you closer to 50 pounds.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

if you want a decent idea on weight, take the total weight and take about 5-10 pounds off of it for the basket and softparts.

for instance, my DC level 4 weighed 33-34 pounds total, and the magnet is about 28-29 pounds of that.

obviously they're different woofers, but that may help you get a ballpark figure.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Like I said in my post the weight is made up a lot of the top and bottom plates. They are not considered the acutal magnet so they don't count toward the mag's weight but do the total weight of the driver. Ask him what the MOTOR weight it and I'm sure that he will tell you closer to 50 pounds.

thanks man, that makes sense.....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

aq = 340+ shipping

fi = 384 fully loaded (dont know about shipping)

u know my choice, simply because CS and not needing to tune as low... so ull remain louder overall with the aq's imo with the power i thought u decided on (2200w X 4)

you might not be able to pick a custom dustcap color, but u can get different spider packs and upgrade/downgrade within the same driver since u can pick vc type and spider packs for whatever power u have

talk to someone from team D.O.A. they have great daily drivers doing high 140-150s and murder lows just as much as headsplitting highs

hell mlstrass uses them in a "sq" car doing 147ish

DAMN RIGHT. I took a ride in DOA Sleepy's ride (when i disappeared at the show sunday) he had 2 18s of 4k each tuned to 38 Hz and it dropped low hard. Ive been in a few DOA cars and all but one runs AQ, the other runs DD. I havent met them all, but thats what ive seen so far. Oh ya, they sound great too. Sleepy had the aluminum coils and had them inverse mounted, they got a little stinky but cooled off quick.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

DAMN RIGHT. I took a ride in DOA Sleepy's ride (when i disappeared at the show sunday) he had 2 18s of 4k each tuned to 38 Hz and it dropped low hard. Ive been in a few DOA cars and all but one runs AQ, the other runs DD. I havent met them all, but thats what ive seen so far. Oh ya, they sound great too. Sleepy had the aluminum coils and had them inverse mounted, they got a little stinky but cooled off quick.

bigjokers ride is slapping pretty damn tough too!! 2 dd 9518s walled in a caddy :)

Magnet weight was around 270oz iirc..

But that may be the old BL? Not sure.

Posted Image

bigjokers ride is slapping pretty damn tough too!! 2 dd 9518s walled in a caddy :)

Ya it is, but i didnt get to go for a demp ride in his caddy. But that caddy's wall just looks loud, lol.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I'd love to know how the HDC 3's compare to your old (now my new) BL 18s. ;) I was seriously considering the HDCs, but I've never heard one in person so idk how "musical" they sound.

Either way, (4) 18's should pound HARD!

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived