Are My Kentucky Bretheren Alright???

Up here in bloomington IN we had a good amount. Not as much as it seems there was down in louisville though. It quite interesting... I was out with my gf working on the mustang, pretty calm out etc, when we got the feeling it was about to storm. (it was already quite overcast, but all of the sudden it got extremely dark) So I grabbed the trunk lid that was out, carried it to the garage while she grabbed the cardboard it was on, and by that time it was sprinkling. By the time I walked out to grab the bag of sand, it was quite strong. By the time I got it in the garage, it was pouring. went into the house, looked out the back door at the rain, went to the garage, came back, and all hell had broken loose. (keep in mind this is a 1-2 minute time period through the entire story if you aren't following along) Trees down, grill flipped, etc. Enough of my rambling, here is some pics. There were also some trees down across some main roads, and the mall lost power for 2 hours.

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

storm survivor...

IMG_1838.jpg

I live in Florida, where everything is designed for stuff like this. It really sucks for KY because they have very lenient building laws, so if a bad storm goes threw there it wipes everything out...

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Rusty have fun with them leaners against your house man

Ah, forgot to mention that wasn't my house. "mine" (parents) is the one with the flipped out dog and grill.

About the leaners, luckily they didn't cause too much damage for them. It messed up the corner of the house as can be seen in the pic, and a little bit on the roof, but not too bad. Could definitely have been a lot worse. The one in the back did relatively nothing.

geeeeeeeeez! you got hit HARD it looks like. up here in northern ky, there was just lots of thunder and lightning and rain. pretty much most of the day. no serious flooding or anything like that tho. it'd be fun to canoe around in tho :D

so... when I looked at my car after the storm, I only really looked at the one side where the branch was laying on it. Somehow there was only a little scuff/light scratch. On second look today, there is a nice scratch on the roof, as well as a pretty nice dent in the curve right above the windshield. now it really is time for some body work...