Second Skin Audio

Look at member "DECAF's" skills on box building!

I cant understand how that sketchup program works either. I mean, I have spent endless hours trying to figure that damn program out.... I've come to the conclusion that I do better work in microsoft "PAINT" LOL!

Real G's design boxes with paint lol .I'm guilty as well. Funny I work all day on computers and when I get my hands on sketchup I'm like uh what?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

once you finally figure it out, you all will think to yourselfs wtf, a kid could do this. its pretty simplistic in all honesty, just the commands and stuff are so simple compared to all other cad programs that people that use the complicated ones like autocad are usually stuck in that mindframe.

if any of you were local id show ya how to use it.

once you finally figure it out, you all will think to yourselfs wtf, a kid could do this. its pretty simplistic in all honesty, just the commands and stuff are so simple compared to all other cad programs that people that use the complicated ones like autocad are usually stuck in that mindframe.

if any of you were local id show ya how to use it.

thats what i was tryin to say. Its almost too easy. I know when i first tried it I was trying to way overcomplicate it, but i quickly figured it out.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

it took me about a day to get used to it... i learn fast... and there are others on here who do work just as good if not better (James, footlong, forever, the list goes on)

this program is kinda like audacity, i feel as if everyone should be familiar with it incase u ever need to use it

i used CAD back in highschool and this just blows it out of the water in time it takes for create a finished product and being user friendly, drawback is options and well, alot of stuff... but for subwoofer boxes this is a sure fire program for almost anyone

like james said, comeover and in a few hours ull be makin ur own boxes

the only reason it was designed this way is because we were already going to be making a box for btls... which was 60" deep... so to add an inch and possibly gain a ton more efficiency and strength with woofers better suited for his power made that design an obvious choice, especially when limited to 24" tall box

and yes, i do have time to do designs, likely cheaper than anyone else... if not free if its a easy design i can do in 10-15minutes

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I messed with Sketchup once and said SCREW THIS. Grabbed the paper and architects scale and went back to work on the plans. Some of us old guys just aint meant to mess with some of the newer software. we're to stuck in our ways lol

Enclosure draw up looks bad ass, hats off to Decaf

Da truf!

Box looks great. Now build it! The only thing sucks about all these programs is most never get past the drawings. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

nice!!

sucks that i operate CAD for a living and i still cant do sketchup very well. Granted, its ROOF-CAD but still, im on my 9th year and i only know MY program, too hard to grasp others for some reason. I did the tutorial and got the basics like that one house thing.... but i could use a human tutor for some basic box lessons. Not the design part but how to get it on sketchup.

Idk if its jus me but i was a autocad only guy and knew it pretty good but i got on sketchup and was like damn a dumb downed version of autocad this shits too easy.. although i wish they had some of the commands autocad had but hey its free :)

and nice box.. wat power u lookin to run with all that port area? id jus stick to RMS rated power.. cuz that is high borderline port area imo

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

it took me about a day to get used to it... i learn fast... and there are others on here who do work just as good if not better (James, footlong, forever, the list goes on)

this program is kinda like audacity, i feel as if everyone should be familiar with it incase u ever need to use it

i used CAD back in highschool and this just blows it out of the water in time it takes for create a finished product and being user friendly, drawback is options and well, alot of stuff... but for subwoofer boxes this is a sure fire program for almost anyone

like james said, comeover and in a few hours ull be makin ur own boxes

the only reason it was designed this way is because we were already going to be making a box for btls... which was 60" deep... so to add an inch and possibly gain a ton more efficiency and strength with woofers better suited for his power made that design an obvious choice, especially when limited to 24" tall box

and yes, i do have time to do designs, likely cheaper than anyone else... if not free if its a easy design i can do in 10-15minutes

I think i have this wed. off work, frolf and design session? Well, atleast the disc golf. Jherico maybe? (sorry for the ot post)

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

edit: Sry for the double post guys. Dont know what happened there

Edited by siucsaluki11

Box looks great. Now build it! The only thing sucks about all these programs is most never get past the drawings. ;)

LOL...I was gunna say the same thing...."Box Building skills" and drawing a box are TOTALLY different....Kinda useless to post up if there is no actual box building going on.....Wanna see the House I built (I mean drew) :rolleyes:

:8)