Sonic Electronix

Agree or disagree ? (deadening thing)

you can easily over do it as well if you are a big SPL guy.

I was reading someones write up this guy had a TL and would put a layer down and burp and it would be increase then another layer burp increase then another layer and it stayed the same or decreased.

less flex means more SPL!

EDIT: gramma

Jus because he got good results dont mean everyone else will.. sometimes deadner can hurt your score..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

i got polk db 6500 series comps in my geo n they sound out of phase as hell, even with pos to pos n neg to neg, i unno wtf it is, but mine aint harsh n it has to do with amp, i might soon take em out of my geo n put em in my truck, n what knot

i got mine ran from shitty ass 600w 4ch sony amp n they sound ok

i took some roofing stuff kinda like dynamat n did my doors with it n it made a good amount of diff in sq n helped fill that void, my kickers had that peak sound like urs do n sound like some hella over powered 3&1/2's till i put that deadning in n turned the eq down on my amp n now it sounds like i got 6x9's in my doors n 8's in the back lol

but im leanin more twards a hertz setup with a good set of 12's n what knot, ive had a set of 12's get louder than my 15's with same amp n thats a damn shame to tell the truth, so i need to rework my stereo n see how loud i can get

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

you can easily over do it as well if you are a big SPL guy.

I was reading someones write up this guy had a TL and would put a layer down and burp and it would be increase then another layer burp increase then another layer and it stayed the same or decreased.

but doors definitely or anywhere you put a speaker put deadening behind it.

your subs will like the deadening too don't forget that ;)

less flex means more SPL!

EDIT: gramma

Jus because he got good results dont mean everyone else will.. sometimes deadner can hurt your score..

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Deaden your doors and seal the access holes. You'll be amazed by the difference in sound.

EDIT: I'd rather have a $100 pair of components in a properly deadened and sealed door than a pair of $400 ones without a good install.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Access holes ??? I'm sorry to be a deadening dum-bass.....

Fish

.......and then she said, just put it in the access hole ;) LOL

Deaden your doors and seal the access holes. You'll be amazed by the difference in sound.

EDIT: I'd rather have a $100 pair of components in a properly deadened and sealed door than a pair of $400 ones without a good install.

What is the best material for covering the holes? 1/4 mdf, or painted carboard?

I usually put cardboard over them then put the deadner straight across I don't think the cardboard is needed though just makes me feel better

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.