Second Skin Audio

T2 Vs Bl?

without a doubt, i stand next to chode on that one, cuz until you've actually heard chode's system, you should definately NOT crack on RF at all.. he has the hardest hittin system i've ever personally heard.

I cant imagine how great those T2s would hit, i know how hard the T1 hits and the aren't even pushed to their max...

Personally, It WOULD be a great tossup between RF T2 & Fi BL

I would prolly get the Fi BLs because I want something i know that no one has and everytime i talk about them, people like, i never heard those.. so.. lol.. I'm actually considering going with them eventually when I have the means to pay for them. lol.

But this is a REALLY good thread!!!

06 SCION tC

haha, no doubt. damn good discussion goin on here.

whats chode's system?

haha thanks guys!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=4077&st=0

heres some pics and vids of my system. also on page 2 theres more (newer and better) vids

(sorry for the thread jack) but dont hate on RF like that

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

nah its cool.

that system is off the chizzain, bro!

its all clean and fuckin bangin!

how do you like the power coaxials? i was lookin to gettin some myself to replace stock.

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

i love the power coax personally... i believe chode has said they lack a lil in the midbass area but in my moms car (where i put the set i bought) the midbass is supreme although in that car the midbass has always been good its much better then stock with the power coax

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i haven't heard the BL's yet but i do have two T2 12s and they make my head hurt enough and anyone who gets in my truck....

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Sorry about taking a little while for the responce.... I have a little one on the way and trying to get everything settled around here before that happens... All you dads out there know what im talking about....

Anyway the reason I don't like RF is pretty simple... After the release of the T15KW I realized that RF is no better than companies like audiobahn when it comes to "hyping" themselves up. I mean seriously... who wants to pay 20 grand for a 3500 watt amp? At this point I am sure a lot of you are thinking its a great amp.... but lets take a few momments to break it down....

First.... how to do make 1000 watts of power with 30 amps of current?... you can't, it is IMPOSSIBLE!

300A x 14.4v=4320 watts in

15000 watts out/4320 watts in = 347% efficiency!

Wow that is one hell of a lie right there.... but I am not done

Looks to me like what they are doing is driving one channel to peak, and then multiplying by the number of channels... 4340 x .86=3750*4=15000 That math is right so IF thats how they are trying to advertise then hey thats fine Sony does it too.

Now I am sure some of you guys out there are still thinking that "no your wrong" Well we aren't done yet....when it comes to the caps all I can seem to find it that it is "well into six figures of joules." Lets guess this at 500,000 joules, which would require 204 F of capacitance at 70v. (I was told 70 volts by someone at RF so thats what I am going with.... if they were wrong do let me know)

So 500,000 joules devided 15,000 watts = 33.34 seconds of power.... wow not alot of power for 20 grand

No matter how bad you want to believe in this thing it still can only be cool for 33 seconds thats it.... because an amp can NOT make power. We all know that amps have to step up the voltage because if they didn't you wouldn't be able to get more than 51 watts at 4 ohm.

Now I am not the only one to see it this way, this is from CA&E article:

"The question has been asked, “What about a sine wave, like for an SPL competitor?” The T15kW has plenty of energy to get through a three-second sine wave burst. However a five-minute “death match” competition is not the T15kW’s forte. Who wants to torture their investment like that anyhow?"

So yea a few seconds its a good amp... but after your 33.34 secons its done.... and with the volume all the way up guess what is going to happen when the amp has to go on just 12 volt power? MAJOR CLIPPING!

If you do a little research you will find that this "hybrid" stuff they are trying to pull isn't new at all... ppl have been doing it for years. Carver Audio did it also... but they didn't try to claim it as a 15kw amp either.

Thats as simple as it gets.... take it or leave it but you asked so I told.... don't get all pissy with me when you wanted to know

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz