Second Skin Audio

8 subs, All moving differently.

That's a little crazy... suggesting the resistance in a couple extra feet of copper wire is going to cause the speaker to be out of phase.

Care to explain how that would work?

If thats how it is... how do front and rear speakers stay in phase?

I've wired up numerous 4+ sub setups and have never saw what you are saying is happening... or have I ever heard of it happening.

I would lean towards common chamber... big box... lots of subs... crazy different amounts of pressure causing the subs to go whacky.

the longer the wire the more the current has to travel to reach its destination .. so yes a few extra feet of wire could technically throw it off even for a split second, i noticed this with my eyes when i had different lengths of wire for my subs, and for your head unit and rears and fronts, are different, they have their own channels they operate on.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the longer the wire the more the current has to travel to reach its destination .. so yes a few extra feet of wire could technically throw it off even for a split second, i noticed this with my eyes when i had different lengths of wire for my subs, and for your head unit and rears and fronts, are different, they have their own channels they operate on.

In direct current yes, but what comes out of the amp is alternating current so 10 ft or 100 ft wouldnt make a difference. I think its the size of the box or bad coil. I have seen this similar issue with to large of a box hence the "No cone control" or a bad coil all ready.

Yeah it seems that way. :fool:

some of ur subs are just "seeing" a larger volume than the rest

its not a phase or wiring issue it seems... this is the downside of using fiberglass tire wells... a rectangular box is much more even

dividers will help but uve gotta be able to have the same volume in each chamber

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

some of ur subs are just "seeing" a larger volume than the rest

its not a phase or wiring issue it seems... this is the downside of using fiberglass tire wells... a rectangular box is much more even

dividers will help but uve gotta be able to have the same volume in each chamber

hey Im the guy who the OP is talking of, its not a wiring issue its been checked several times and all the wire lengths are the same, I'll attempt to make the airspace the same by dividing them but because of space it will be difficult are there any other possibilities?

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

theoretically yes, it does take longer for the current to travel through the longer wire, but do you know how fast it moves? VERY very fast. compare it to a 3 inch tube filled with 3 inch balls from front to back. then take a ball and push it in the front of it and see how fast it takes for the one in the back to pop out

id first due whats ever one has said check the subs with a battery and pop them to make sure they all move up or down in the right direction ..... if u put the positive from the sub with the positive on the battery they should move up...........

after that if they do check the phase level on the amp and make sure its at 0 also the gain, make sure its set properly

probably a good idea to set a sub sonic filter on the amp with the subs ....

i would divide the box in to separate chambers or make it a smaller,

also if you playing below tuning frequency the subs are prob flopping around pretty good and some of them might have a stiffer suspension then the other if they all weren't new

I don't mean to thread jack so sorry OP but I feel I am having a similar problem, I am hoping it will work itself out after I shorten up the port which seems to be what they came up with over at *** as a fix for my problem. I have 6 12's in single chamber ported box and it seems my middle subs are hitting a little harder when turned up.

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?