Sundown Audio

Need help choosing between two amps

lanman31337

Which amp(s) should I get?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Running on 4 Optidrive 1232D Dual 2 ohm

• 1 Lanzar Optidrive 6000D
    • 2 Audiopipe AP30001D

I need help choosing amp(s). The Opti will run me around a grand, the Audiopipes around 700ish. Opti has been proven, and the Audiopipes come pretty damn close to rated.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

by your signature I can see you're a dedicated Lanzar man but their products just aren't what they used to be. Honestly I wouldn't run either of those, but it's your money and your taste. I would think you would have a little more flexibility with the 2 AudioPipe's versus the 1 Lanzar. If nothing else you should be able to squeeze a little more out of the 2.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

really depends on what type of subs do you have, you can wire the ap3000 at 2 ohms for 3000 rms or 2x 1ohm for 1500 per channel...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Since my subs are dual 2's, I can run them parallel/series for a final resistance of 2 ohms for a pair, x 2 pairs. Or I can run them each parallel at 1 ohms resistance, one sub per "channel" you could say for the audiopipes.

The Opti6000d, even though it's no longer the Zed build that I grew up with and loved, still puts out more than rated power.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

you could go with the 2 amps for less imp rise so your subs will receive more power

but with 1 amp, you only have to worry once about setting gains... so its a toss up man.. but those APs draw alot of power and are beasts as well

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Errr...

More like 5500w @ 14.4v, maybe.

There's a guy running one on FloridaSPL, at 15.6 volts it's pushing 6800 watt rms, and TheDukey42 on ROE tested one.

I have the opti 6000D, had it benched for me & it put out 3500 rms @ 4 ohms. Was benched on 2 yellow tops, 1 up front & 1 in back. Did very well & was efficient.

Edit: After rise during the bench, it did the 3500 rms @ 5.1 ohms

I didn't have the 2 ohm & 1 ohm testings done because we had no subs that could take the power!

I am currently using it in my car w/ a 70 amp alternator, stock front battery & Kinetik 2400 in the trunk, I have a constant 14.5V reading at normal listening levels, when I turn it up I have a 13.5V reading, so for me that is not a bad dip at all, but I am not sure what a bad voltage drop is. I assume it's 12.5 or below.

Edited by lanman31337

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

I would go with the one you can get a warranty on, I would imagine that both are made in korea or china both make great power per dollar so If you can get a warranty with one and not the other then I'd go with it. If neither then I have no guess for ya becuase I think there both great for the money.