After all the $#!+ I've talked......

about iPods.....

Let me just put it this way; Talk about a hipocritical SOB ! ;) There. I said it for you :)

I just bought an iPod touch, and this thing is pretty freaking cool. I still don't see myself using it with my truck stereo. I have a $29 flash drive that works just fine for that. Also, I don't see myself carrying it around to have music in places other than in front of my PC... or while driving my truck.

But what I think it will be GREAT for, is that I'm BIG time into photography.... both general photography, as well as fish photos. Well, I've already got close to 700 photos loaded on it (and my entire 700 song music collection, and I'm only using about 1/2 of my 8gigs :) ....so I can just carry this thing in my shirt pocket, to show a buddy my latest big catches.... then, if somebody else is there, and maybe wants to see my "all time biggest", I just scrolldown a few folders, and Bam ! ... or if somebody doesn't give a $#!+ about fish, but they are into photography, scroll to the general photo folders, and Bam ! I can show those off too :)

Can't wait to get a new PC that can handle video editing.... so I can put a handful of my favorite vids on it also.

And BTW, I'm TOTALLY impressed with the sound quality ! The ear buds sound clear, but not much bass. On the other hand, I played it through some light weight, cheapy headphones (some Bass 305 actually) and I could not believe how deep and clear they were. Loud ? Come on.... what is it like a 1/2" subwoofer :) LOL But really nice sounding though !

Then, the dude at Best Buy was showing me some head phones that were in the $80 range, that he said had a ton of deep, solid bass... for headphones, that is). I might have to get those too ;)

Pretty freaking amazing technology though. Very cool little toy :)

Peace,

Fish

dude man you need to write a book,id totally buy it,i always enjoy reading what you have to say

"Finally, they had a set of pre-amplified Bass Crushers (I think they called them) by Skull Candy, for $70.... and yea', for headphones, they had a rediculous amount of bass... I mean, like they were litterally trying to jump off your head ! Felt really weird actually. Unfortunately, it was a very unnatural, funky sounding bass, that really hurt the overall SQ IMPO."

Their called SkullCrushers. I got some when they first came out and couldn't be happier with them.

I have, however, used the ones in Best Buy, and I can tell a difference. It's whatever source they are using makes them sound so much worse.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I like iPods but think there just OverRated. Soo many people have them, and people in general call MP3 Players iPods!

They are taking over!

For sound quality I stick to Samsung. I got a Samsung P2 Touchscreen and man it sounds soooooo much better then iPod with same heaadphones. It has a fully customizable EQ and different effects (Music speed, 3D, Bass adjuster, etc.)

If you want sound quality go with Samsung!

Here is the Samsung P3 (Updated version) coming out.

I'm telling you I've done side-by-side comparison with iPod, Samsung, Phillips, and Samsung came out victorious even with flat EQ and especially after EQ Tweaks.

Edit: The earbud headphones that come with the MP3 are amazing at bass. Very natural and go great with their MP3 Players.

Also the Themes can be changed/downloaded/made, constantly updated Firmware that adds features, Games, Bluetooth to connect to phone, transfer files, play wirelessly to bluetooth speakers/headunits.

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

I also have a philips gogear, they have amazing sq with high quality songs on the fullsound mode, and some Senheiser full-size headphone's.

I listened to a few ipods, with the exactly same songs (borrowed the ipod for a day), and headphones and the philips owns the ipod, in rock,metal,hip-hop,rap, old songs.

I can listen well over 24 hours music with the philips.( about a week, around 4 hours a day.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Right on. I don't doubt that those other MP3 players sound great also. I'm assuming they are all pretty much the same technology.

I have to believe though, that comparing differences must be splitting hairs.... because to my ears, with my Sony Extra Bass headphones, I can't imagine music sounding much nicer. Heck, like I've said, I have a hard time believing they sound as clear as they do !

Hey Imnot

Their called SkullCrushers. I got some when they first came out and couldn't be happier with them.

I have, however, used the ones in Best Buy, and I can tell a difference. It's whatever source they are using makes them sound so much worse.

Yea.... I hear you on that. Plus the fact that you could not adjust any EQ settings like you can with pretty much every MP3 player. So, maybe my opinion on those isn't quite fair....

But I sure do LOVE my new Sony's :)

Peace,

Fish

PS, Nobody has explained what "Jailbreaking" an MP3 player means ?

Right on. I don't doubt that those other MP3 players sound great also. I'm assuming they are all pretty much the same technology.

I have to believe though, that comparing differences must be splitting hairs.... because to my ears, with my Sony Extra Bass headphones, I can't imagine music sounding much nicer. Heck, like I've said, I have a hard time believing they sound as clear as they do !

Hey Imnot

Yea.... I hear you on that. Plus the fact that you could not adjust any EQ settings like you can with pretty much every MP3 player. So, maybe my opinion on those isn't quite fair....

But I sure do LOVE my new Sony's :)

Peace,

Fish

PS, Nobody has explained what "Jailbreaking" an MP3 player means ?

jailbreaking the ipod touch allows you to change everything, the icons, the menu system, animated wall papers, EVERYTHING, it also allows you, if you want, to illegaly download apps and install them, without paying for them, wich is nice.

Hey Dustin, okay, I got you....

They do the same thing with a lot of different digital cameras. They call them "Hacks". A lot of people are surprised (I know I was) that many of the cheaper cameras are capable of a lot of the stuff that the more expensive cameras will do, but camera manufacturers simply don't program them to do that stuff (they purposely dumb them down) to give people more incentive, to pay for the more expensive cameras that "are programmed" to do more technical stuff...... then they put a nicer cosmetic finish on it, and market it as the "Grand Shiz"..... even though, in reality, it didn't cost a nickle more than the cheaper cameras to produce. Just modern business I guess.

Peace,

Fish

Fish I love my ipod touch too! You have to get it hooked up to your car system, I love having no cd's in my car and can still listen to all my cd's and downloaded music at a push of a button. I have the older sony professional headphones (which sound fantastic to me) but I only use my factory earbuds on my ipod. I use mine alot when working out and the littel ear buds are great for getting sweaty and not caring if they get wet or destroyed.

How do you "jail break" the ipod touch? anyone :)

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680