Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was wondering if you could do anything to cure wet mdf board... i pulled my sub box outta the trunk today to find that there is a leak in my trunk and water is covered on the bottom... it has swelled, but I got the whole bottom dried. What can I do to get the swelling down?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Posted
I was wondering if you could do anything to cure wet mdf board... i pulled my sub box outta the trunk today to find that there is a leak in my trunk and water is covered on the bottom... it has swelled, but I got the whole bottom dried. What can I do to get the swelling down?

Toss it, MDF is like a sponge.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted

not a damn thing bro unless you have like a huge 10 ton flat press and get the piece out of there and wet it down and press it and let it dry in the press.......sorry.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted
not a damn thing bro unless you have like a huge 10 ton flat press and get the piece out of there and wet it down and press it and let it dry in the press.......sorry.....

Damn that sucks... It took me a whole weekend to build this thing, I guess the next box will just have to be a little better. But I gotta fix my trunk first... WEAK

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Posted
Damn that sucks... It took me a whole weekend to build this thing, I guess the next box will just have to be a little better. But I gotta fix my trunk first... WEAK

Just gives you an excuse to build a box w/ 45s and a port flare. B)

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Posted
Just gives you an excuse to build a box w/ 45s and a port flare. B)

I really wish that I could, but I would need someone that knows what they are talking about to be here helping me hahaha, the 45's would really be hard to do, but I still dont know anything about the whole tuning. I wouldnt know how to measure the parts out or anything...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Posted
Just gives you an excuse to build a box w/ 45s and a port flare. B)

Plus, it wasnt really completely wet... it just kinda rose a little bit, the gaps werent big enough to see light through, so I re caulked the gaps... there are no gaps anymore, but if i put carpet on it now, it might not look really even, I need to get some water proofer...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Posted
I really wish that I could, but I would need someone that knows what they are talking about to be here helping me hahaha, the 45's would really be hard to do, but I still dont know anything about the whole tuning. I wouldnt know how to measure the parts out or anything...

Thats what we are here for.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 867 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...