More work keepin me busy :)

kingsuv

got the holdowns and all huh? I like that the concrete guy poured with your bolts in place and didn't wet set them.

Its hard to tell by the pics, did they make you dowel to the existing structure?

So did you hire an engineer or architect or "house guy" to do the plans and run it through the building department?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

got the holdowns and all huh? I like that the concrete guy poured with your bolts in place and didn't wet set them.

Its hard to tell by the pics, did they make you dowel to the existing structure?

So did you hire an engineer or architect or "house guy" to do the plans and run it through the building department?

The only time i will wet set them is if the inspector didn't noticed they were missing and we were already pourin mud :lol:

I will redhead the bolts around the elevator pit and down the house wall. those are to much of a pain in the ass to set while troweling out.

We did tie into the existing foundation to keep it from pull out. The only engineering I used was on the trusses. and those are a pre-made deal from the manufacture. All the rest of the design is me. :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

is it all done owner/builder , you must be a licenced contractor to sign the drawings, right?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

That is BEAUTIFUL! Look at the shine on that slab! Awesome work bro - I grew up in Rio Linda, Where abouts are ya? looks more towards elverta-ish.....

That is in the Country Club of Rio Linda ;) House down the street just went on the market last week for $1,395,000

The house that the work is being done on is the house that my Parents built in the late '60s to early '70s that I grew up in. House has been through two floods and now the time has come for some TLC and updating. :good:

Did you go to Rio Linda High?

is it all done owner/builder , you must be a licenced contractor to sign the drawings, right?

As long as the drawings are to spec and code, you do not need a engineer for something simple like this. I have worked on other drawings where I needed to have a structural engineer review them and sign them off.

As far as owner / builder, they assume you will act as G.C. and sub out all portions of the work. But they don't require you to sub it out. As long as you have the know how and pass the inspections, they will let you build whatever you want :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

• 1 month later...

Finally started going vertical today.

005-4.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

that is all you got done in a whole day? just playin looks good

yeah, I be slackin ;)

yeah, I be slackin ;)

you have so many HUGE projects right now, and you still are making good progress on all of them..

you have great building skills. very impressive

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Archived