Second Skin Audio

question for you trunk guys

just take the seats out and make trim pannels... nobody needs back seats anyways! i took mine out and cut out a shit ton of metal too...lol

X2 chea i like that idea haha

It's hard to get a decent box to fit without going through the rear seat... At least in my car, lol... I had my setup running forward for a while, then I thought maybe I should turn it around. Helluva lot more bass, but I'm already used to it and it's not low enough, so I think it's time for a semi-wall.

They sell ports for the rear deck like bandpass ports, but it's not gonna be near as loud as the blazer.

St. Idels, he's got a Lancer.

Edited by 3gAccord

My latest project; 87 Accord Hatchback!... Only got my 6 1/2's in it right now... I'm working on shining my engine to show quality right now, then I'll put it in. System will come around the 1st.

just take the seats out and make trim pannels... nobody needs back seats anyways! i took mine out and cut out a shit ton of metal too...lol

ummm...no

X2 chea i like that idea haha

yea not so much beacause...

what make/model car is it?

its a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer. People ride around with subs in a trunk with their back seat up all the time, so i dont see why its an issue. Ill probably end up going through the rear deck eventually, but for now the car is a week old and im not going to hack it up. I saw a PWK design on youtube for 2 DD1508's (also been thinking of going to these and keepin some trunk space) that was subs back port firing into the drivers side wheel well.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

any opinions on sub back port to wheel well? and also i found some seats online for 100-210. Ill probably buy a seat outta a wrecked one and hack it up eventually.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

any opinions on sub back port to wheel well? and also i found some seats online for 100-210. Ill probably buy a seat outta a wrecked one and hack it up eventually.

I've head one of those before it sounded pretty good, but my backseats don't go down either and I go subs and port back and its still hitting as hard as I'd expect I just leave my "trunk access" door down and that's enough room to create a breeze through it. Definitely put some second skin all over that trunk though.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I'd consider subs back, ports on both sides to the wheel well. I'm not sure if this would be the best, but it seems like it'd move the most air around. The other option would be subs and port back, but I always feel like, because the trunk is enclosed, the subs and port would interfere. But it seems to have worked for other people pretty well with subs and port back. Just throwing out ideas here.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Mine is set up subs forward ports forward. I had to cut out a lot of metal just to be able to be my box in the trunk. Also fiber glassed my spare tire well to get the space i needed. My seat dose not fold down but the brackets allow me to set the seat in place if I allow back seat drivers.. Couple of pics below

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

Not finished yet. Haven't made up my mind if I was gonna seal or not. I was doing some testing and with the trunk open and front driver door open I was hitting some hella numbers.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

its a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer. People ride around with subs in a trunk with their back seat up all the time, so i dont see why its an issue. Ill probably end up going through the rear deck eventually, but for now the car is a week old and im not going to hack it up. I saw a PWK design on youtube for 2 DD1508's (also been thinking of going to these and keepin some trunk space) that was subs back port firing into the drivers side wheel well.

because it sounds like crap sealed up... honestly its a waste of time with the seats up... i have never heard a car i would want that had the subs sealed up in the trunk. But ull make all the inner city g's think u are baggin since all that pressure will just be moving ur trunk lid. hows all that pressure going to get into the cabin? it has to travel thru the seats themselves, which are like sound deadnin devices, lol, sucky

ull have the most amount of trunk space firing subs forward port forward thru rear seat or rear deck

just take ur time and wait until u want something mostly permanent and can do it

those subs would definately be a step up from those clarions

port to wheel well only sounds good with seats folded down, this is usually a spl application too... helps to load a aeroport off a surface for spl

my friend has a 01 impala with 1 15" kicker L7 port wheel well sub back with seats that fold down on both sides and it sounds like crap on most music

trunk cars a hard to get loud period bro

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I've head one of those before it sounded pretty good, but my backseats don't go down either and I go subs and port back and its still hitting as hard as I'd expect I just leave my "trunk access" door down and that's enough room to create a breeze through it. Definitely put some second skin all over that trunk though.

dont have that access door, one of the few places my car fails

Mine is set up subs forward ports forward. I had to cut out a lot of metal just to be able to be my box in the trunk. Also fiber glassed my spare tire well to get the space i needed. My seat dose not fold down but the brackets allow me to set the seat in place if I allow back seat drivers.. Couple of pics below

DSC_0009-2.jpg

Not finished yet. Haven't made up my mind if I was gonna seal or not. I was doing some testing and with the trunk open and front driver door open I was hitting some hella numbers.

Im plannin on runnin 8s, i think 4 8s commin outta the trunk like that would be teh sex. but for the time being, im lookin at just 2 8s and possibly up to 2kw.