Sonic Electronix

im pretty bored here at work and was thiking. what is the thickest mdf they make? ive heard of like 1 1/2" n stuff. where can i get stuff like that or do they make thicker?

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

youd probably have to check a lumber yard. i dont know of any places around me that carry that big.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I see it being hard to get ahold of in that thickness... What else would anyone ever use MDF that thick for?

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

im pretty bored here at work and was thiking. what is the thickest mdf they make? ive heard of like 1 1/2" n stuff. where can i get stuff like that or do they make thicker?

My local menards will have thick ass MDF instock everyonce in a while, usually in the middle of summer and you have to be fast to get it. Sometimes its hard to just get 3/4" MDF. Usually they'll have none in stock in the winter. The 3/4" MDF is $29 a sheet and I think it $95 a sheet for a 4X8' 1 3/4" sheet when its there. Never had a chance or had the money to buy stuff that thick, but its crazy to look at.

MDF Thicknesses

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i quit useing mdf when i found out i can get birch for the cheap :)

dad's the supervisor over a lumber supply comp n he can get pritty much anything, but i like birch alot better than mdf cause birch has a calm smell to it when u cut it vs the formaldehyde in mdf makein it stink n make u choke up, i hate mdf n i never use if it i dont halfto, if i can get 13ply 3/4 Baltic birch i dnt need mdf, i got 2 4x8 sheets of 3/4 in the basement of the other house i got to do my rebuild with but im still tryin to plan it out

mdf doesnt chip as bad as birch does when u route it n it doesnt have grain so it matches up perfect with any side of board, but im just a birch kinda person i guess

but i think u can get birch custom made if u want to but it doesnt really make sence tho, i mean could u amagin tryin to put 6cf sealed box built from 1 3/4'' mdf in the back of suv? for what birch ways n its tinsel strength i kinda like it better, almost stronger than mdf and wights half as much

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

They make MDF thicker than that 1 3/4"

They have 1/4", 5/8", 3/4" 1.5" 3" at Hughes Lumber in Rancho. They haven't had the 3" on the sales floor in about 2-3yrs, but you can buy it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

They make MDF thicker than that 1 3/4"

They have 1/4", 5/8", 3/4" 1.5" 3" at Hughes Lumber in Rancho. They haven't had the 3" on the sales floor in about 2-3yrs, but you can buy it

3 INCHES!!! Damn! That is some thick shit. Something like that must be made to order. I can't imagine any common lumber store to stock up on 3" MDF. A 4x8 sheet of 3" MDF would way well over 300ibs. I want some.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!