Older Alpline head units

I have a 9813 sittin on my desk right now :D

has the motorized faceplate but only green buttons.

the faceplate has a short in it where if you push a button too hard it blacks the whole radio out. so now i've just hacked the cd changer control cord and found the aux inputs for use to amplify my computer.

interested in selling the 9813, mine just went out :(.. faceplate is still in awesome shape..

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

but back on topic (sorry for double post) i think after the 7800 series up to the 9815 have the features your talking about, my dad has a 7983 and its does what your talking about and my 9813 does also

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

thanks for the replies guys. I got really lucky today. almost 5 years ago I bought an alpine off of a friend and used it for about a year then he kept begging for it back so finally I gave in and gave it to him on his birthday. now it has been sitting in his closet for about 2 years so I called him and asked if he still had it and he said yeah you can have it for free

no idea on which model it is but I don't really care because I just remember it being the best headunit I've ever used so I'm pretty excited

CDA-9831, CDA-9833 and CDA-9835

all had time correction, media xpander, v-drive 60x4 amp, motorized face, 31, 33 has lcd display 35 has graphic display. I've been looking for them for years, cheapest I found was $180 then last month my friends dad tells me he got an alpine at a garage sale for $15 and needed help installing, I go to their house and its a 9831. i was like WTF!?!?!?!?!. still trying to get him to sell it to me......

I use a cda-9831 for my burp setup. I wish the front and rear preouts worked on it cause I would probably take out my Pioneer deh-6000ub and try it in the dash. The only problem is that it might skip at over 150 db on music. I know the Pioneer did and I had to get a changer for it.

I also own a cda-7977 that I just picked up. I love that particular model and it is from 2001. The unit works flawlessly and I'm looking for something to do with it. I got it as a backup for my 9831.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

dumb question. how do I test this deck I got? I know red is +, neg is black, put the remote turn on with the +, but what about the thick yellow wire with the box connected to it? it says battery lead but I'm not sure if i need to connect it to the + or -. and what about the "audio interupt in lead" wire?

dumb question. how do I test this deck I got? I know red is +, neg is black, put the remote turn on with the +, but what about the thick yellow wire with the box connected to it? it says battery lead but I'm not sure if i need to connect it to the + or -. and what about the "audio interupt in lead" wire?

the red wire is a switched input, it's like a remote for the headunit to know when the car is on. the yellow wire is your constant, its the one that provides the main power.

derrr I forgot yellow is constant :01nocomment8so:

well the headunit I got is a cda-7892 from October 2002.. yeahhhh lol I never thought I'd be excited to get a head unit thats 7 years old. anyone know if all the wire harnesses are the same with alpines? the wires on this one are about a half inch long and all hacked up

Edited by doug118

I miss my 7995 :( wish I never would have sold it!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I'm looking for one of the older Alpine head units from I'd say around 2002-2004. The ones with motorized faceplates and with the option to change the colors of the buttons and blackout mode. I had one about 5 years ago I got from a friend and loved it, I just can't remember the model number. If anyone remembers the model numbers of any of those headunits that would be cool. I'm looking on ebay but can't find much.

I may also pick up one of these just because they seem cool as hell

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

fantom face cda7897 is the one in the first vid i have it and LOVE IT, im selling that one as well as my 9815 i LOVE these HU tried a 9853 2006 model and hated that one

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

I use to have a cda 9833 in pretty good condition. Sold it to some kid in WI for like 130shipped. He is or was on this site too.

I miss the deck alot, compaired to the new day stuff..

Still love my alpines, but I think they sold out after the 9833 and 35

I still like this style of headunit too

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CD-Player-EQ-Co...id=p3286.c0.m14