Sonic Electronix

Re-Invention of SPL competition

Actually I have talked to Steve earlier this year, and we may work together next year on some things.

The ideas are just not refined yet and I need help with that.

I need to put a cost analysis together of what it would take to throw a show the way I want. Anyone know how much it is to rent an ampitheater or something like that?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I think we need a big time sponsor. Any company that is involved in our demo-graphic. Could be X-Box or Nike, anybody with $$ to help throw a series of events and televise them.

speaking of x-box, and sponsors, I would like to see a game, where you design your box, system, and pick a car, and for frequency you have to hit the keys hella fast to gain a higher frequency, lesser times for a lower frequency

lol... well, that would be sweet

Dont know how that would be done on Wi

I like how Pychlone has came out, thats a fun ass comp there

televised would be the SHIIIT

local channel, or ESPN, something

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Actually I have talked to Steve earlier this year, and we may work together next year on some things.

The ideas are just not refined yet and I need help with that.

I need to put a cost analysis together of what it would take to throw a show the way I want. Anyone know how much it is to rent an ampitheater or something like that?

he did hint watch out for next year last weekend at the meeting.. about maybe a east coast or west coast thing.. hmm lol

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

i remember when Hi-Fi-Buy's used to host spl event's and Circuit City, in the lat 90's. i loved to go to the show's because most of them where local, and anyone off the street could enter. Here in Atlanta the only thing we have now is Nopi, and that's once a yr. I miss those days

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

I think some of what has been lost in competitions is the fun. Rule changes and isolation of real store customers has hurt the sport.

The return on investment for a store owner has been lost in the focus on why a shop would host a show. Some of this is the promoters fault, some the shop owner.

if you want mass media exposure then you need to show why people would want to watch. It would be a hard sell to show a 30 sec run of either burps or bassrace runs over and over each week. What we do is harder to convey on screen then it is in person.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

DJ was also talking about a "show" of some kind, dont know where his thread went...

i want to be involved :D.

Yea ,ive sent mutiple emails to different people ,with no responses..Im still going hard ,trying to get things going ..just from the looks of things ,im going to have get a more indepth description of my ideas ..

Have you ever seen the show pass times on speed? Maybe you can do something like that as well. I mean, to most people, drag racing isn't all that exciting to watch, but building it up like they do at pass times by showing lots of cars, having the owner explain whats in it, have an expert make a guess on the speed (or spl in your case) and have two regular enthusiasts try to beat him for money. That seems like it would be more interesting then just seeing cars try to make a bigger number appear on a screen. I mean, I know that was your idea to make it more interesting with back stories and show how they got there, which all sounds awesome as well, but this can be just another part or even or something.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

you can do something like past time like guess the db level and win some money or something like that but the main thing you need is a big time sponsor i know it's already been said in the thread but its so true and if i ever see any spl style event on tv that would be insane and i would watch it all the time

For beats Click Here

Head Unit- power acoustik 8" touchscreen

doors-RE 57 fr

sub - sundown audio e8

amp-PG v752

Archived