Sonic Electronix

Re-Invention of SPL competition

Have you ever seen the show pass times on speed? Maybe you can do something like that as well. I mean, to most people, drag racing isn't all that exciting to watch, but building it up like they do at pass times by showing lots of cars, having the owner explain whats in it, have an expert make a guess on the speed (or spl in your case) and have two regular enthusiasts try to beat him for money. That seems like it would be more interesting then just seeing cars try to make a bigger number appear on a screen. I mean, I know that was your idea to make it more interesting with back stories and show how they got there, which all sounds awesome as well, but this can be just another part or even or something.

x2 on that and your original idea OP you got my support if you want help let me know

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Alot of people complain about classes

As far as dbdrag goes, I'm one of them. But, showtime SPL and bassrace have a more level playing field. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

I think some of what has been lost in competitions is the fun. Rule changes and isolation of real store customers has hurt the sport.

+1, nowadays I have more fun hanging out at the shows then participating.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Im not trying to offend anyone.

A year or so ago we went to one of these shows in Orlando Fl. The set up from the shop was cool.(vendors for food and such). the competion was good to. now maybe Im just an old school guy but 99 percent of the cars and trucks there were wiring NIGHTMARES and nothing was nicely installed. Years back spl cars/trucks could double as car show vehicles.

So IMO if you want people to come and watch your sport there should be some pride in craftsmanship

and that'll give people who arent into the sport something to look at and maybe draw them in. hope this helps. Rich

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

Too late and I'm too lazy to read all the posts, but great idea.

The problem I see is that most people don't care about super loud cars, and sound isn't visible unless it's in hair trick form. I know a lot of guys that barely looked at my setups because they just could not afford something huge. Now if you had like a "Pawn shop Pimpin'" show, where you took a budget of $500 and built something ground up you would get a good following imo.

Then what about advertising? That's the important money part, and using underground companies will not get you cash. For instance, Fi doesn't even sell in stores, let alone drop a few grand on tv ads. I would get the concept up and running, then try to get a company behind you.

How about another show where you "Fix your Ride." People bring in their home ghetto install, and you fix it? Explain how to solder properly, and why smart harnesses are worth the money if you don't know what you are doing. Show how to make proper grounds, etc. etc.

Tons of teens would tune it to learn how to install themselves, and they're the ones spending money on this stuff most the time.

I don't watch monster truck stuff, but I love to watch small time mud bogging and off-roading. The DIY shows are really popular anymore, and to me would be a more beneficial focus than just a handful of untouchable builds. Of course show them off, but people like things they have a hope of attaining, or shows they can gain something from. Burps get boring!

Good luck, good idea, if I can contribute or help with anything just let me know!

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

idk if its been said but i think makn a show like over haulin or like truckin and shows like that on speed would be a good idea but just it being about car audio

or a video game where u build a system then u try to compete in IMO would be good

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

I think another positive is for us to get out there and show some support of each other. Most of the shops here in town don't even build demo vehicles anymore, we have competitions but I have to travel to KCMO or Oklahoma City. We can start networking and find others in our area. I've often wondered how is Wichita the largest city in Kansas but I can't find a local show.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

I think another positive is for us to get out there and show some support of each other. Most of the shops here in town don't even build demo vehicles anymore, we have competitions but I have to travel to KCMO or Oklahoma City. We can start networking and find others in our area. I've often wondered how is Wichita the largest city in Kansas but I can't find a local show.

yea same here theres like never any comps in arizona mostly every one here has to travel to cali to compete

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

I live near NYC and I can't find any shows. Admittedly, I'm not looking very hard, but I still can't find them!

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Nirvalica where at in NNJ?

Ed get with sam the man horn and he can give you some ideas about fun shows. Hes retired now but his shows always rocked it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived