Sonic Electronix

Re-Invention of SPL competition

May03, i agree, if your box is 1" above window line, you are autsmatically thrown into a walled class, and normally get your ass kicked. I would rather see a percentage or a general hight limit.

otherwise you will get retards building there box 2 inches from the roof, completey side to side and say its not a wall. But you cant say no taller than 25", that would pretty close to a wall in alot of hatch backs, also cant say that you need to leave 10" of space between top of box and the headliner, in a crx, that would really limit your box size, but would pretty much be a wall on a minivan or SUV.

The rules need to be simple for the average joe to understand. need gray areas to be eliminated. gotta be cut and dry.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

perhaps it should be power rated again. Use the manufacturers ratings at 4 ohm. The new guy with a small system- 2 12's and a 1000 watt amp will be put in street B and have to go against a guy like Vernon, that has 2 12's and 2 AB 500.1's. Duh, who is gonna want to go again. The street class for DB Drag is set up fairly well, but needs to be done by power. Extreme cars are dinosaurs. I love them, they are neat to see, and they are insanely loud, but you cant hear it, the panels cant vibrate, it boring, and most are quite ugly.

4 sections. 0-1000 watts; 1-2 tens, 1-2 twelves, 1 fifteen; no walls

1001+ same woofers; no walls

these 2 classes are designed for beginners and guys with small systems

0-5000 watts;1-4tens, 1-3 twelves, 1-2 fifteens, 1 eighteen; no walls

5000+ watts; 5+ tens, 4+ twelves, 3+ fifteens, 2-4 eighteens; no walls

this is designed for serious street competitors, more seasoned anyways

0-5000 watts; 1-4 tens, 1-4 twelves, 1-2 fifteens, 1 eighteen; WALLS

5000+ watts; 5+ tens, 5+ twelves, 3+ fifteens, 2+ eighteens; WALLS

Extreme class, anything goes

In my opinion bass race is good, but i also would also add some open door crowd action. Get the crowd invloved, people wanna feel the bass. You could stand 30 feet away from Bob Perillo's old van (yes he sold the blue beast) and you could still feel it in your chest.

To people complaing about no shows. It has to start somewhere, go to your local shops with some fliers and hold your own show. Get your local people involved, even if its not a sanctioned event. something is better than nothing.

Having too many shows isnt good either. If there are too many shows, people get bored with it. Regionalize the shows. Each season, every region gets 1-2 major shows. If people wanna compete, they should get to the shows.

You think 1 18" is equal to 4 tens or 3 twelves? 3 tens or two twelves.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

i think it should go by the top off the box to the roof of the vehicle. or like above a percentage, no more than 60% the height from floor to roof, and etc. that would be a constant.

there simply isnt enough money and/or intrest in this. companies are all selling cheap chinese BS, look at all the lower lines of the larger companies, most of its junk, but its what sells, and it sells for alot of money. manufacturers dont want us out there repping dc, dd, FI etc. because they will LOSE horribly when people see what the product we run accomplishes, and what they buy out of shops-doesnt.

rockford cant sell P1's and P2's by sponsoring audio competition, and noone uses their T2's.

jl cant market their w7's when it is subpar to everything else.

why do you think kicker, kinetik, batcap, only certain companies sponsor events or have intrest in it, because we buy their product for our use (i dont but you get the drift)

unless the big name brand companies start producing product to compete with the smaller brands massive woofers and amps, they will not be interested

or thats my .02

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

and to add to it, im pretty sure noone is going to be needing any DDz's for their boat, or DC lvl 5's for their charger, that isnt already in the competition scene.

ed had the right idea with nike and off product. if its on tv itll get advertisement lol

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I think it would be petty sick to see a tv show kinda like the ones they have on speed. Only it would be custom builds of audio setups

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

you need to make it something that people can relate to. music. Thats why steve is so popular. he has videos of him playing music. A song that anyone can have in their car. alot of people see that and say damn it doesnt make me jump out of the car like that or I dont have flex like that. how do i get that. a one note wonder brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppp. does nothing for the uninformed .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Have shows where it shows box building, explaining tuning, call it Port Wars or something. Each week it's a different vehicle, a common man's budget, and timed. Teams have to hit X db, or place x amount of x sized woofers in the car. It can show people how to do some custom stuff, that they can have fun doing things with purchases from their local shop. Like you can do speaker replacement, head unit swap, stock amp bypasses, things people would like to see.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

or try having something like pimp my ride, except have them do it against another shop, and they have to take the finished vehicles to a 3X type event, and have the whole thing on TV. This way viewers not only see the build being done, but the results of the finished product, the audio competition, and other competitor vehicles. To start the credits at the end, start with the final scores

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

back when db drag was big, people lost by 10-20db but they came back, why? well here in Pa, back in '98-'01 you had about 2-3 shows every weekend, now you have 4 a year, more shows equals more chances to get addicted to the sport.

the main problem i see is to get a meter for shows is around $1000 for the dual pack and then a laptop and printer and then $100 fee to run it, you just put out $2000+ to run a 1x show. it's too much, what i'd like to see happen is the promoters and db drag to look on a map and see where there are no shows happening and then try to get shops in that area to run one, maybe at half price or something. we need the local shops to have local shows, 1x db drags, anything that can get the interest back.

I agree with this, there should be more shows and in more places. ShowtimeSPL should have like a network of different host in many different areas.

The should shouldn't be in a single location like some of the shows on speed.

I know if I ever find out you were messing with my 17yr old daughter, i'm diggin' off in that ass and then your next post will be asking for tips on how to remove my size 12 shoes from your ass.

Open Up The Trunk

Pioneer P6000Ub H.U.

Sundown Saz-1500D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

12" Directed SX12D4 (x2)

12" 1500rms Sub x1

Front - Powerbass 4XL-65-92 Mids

Rear - Cadence 6.5" Mids

Electrical Under Construction

Check Me Out(CarAudio Vids)

Official Feedback Thread

Check Out My Music Page

Well if we are talking Reinvention, lets just take the best qualitites (fun, brings business into shops, gets new people interested in the sport) from each league and toss out the things that hurt the sport.

Lets do the Pros of each league first

Db Drag

Die hard competitors

Great Judges-a Must for any league

Best National Network

Bass Race!!! (exciting, you can go to a show and know that the guy with the most money may not win. 30 seconds of COMPETITION not a 3 second burp.)

Meca

Sound quality competitons at Spl Events for a Best of the Best of the Best (botbotb) awards. stereo shops can sell and install some good speakers now

Phat awards-trophys give for Best(car,truck,rims, install, lighting). All of these things can make new sales for local shops.

Pressure class system- people with comparable systems are put in the same class

Midwest SPL

Clamped Power- real limits on amplifier power to keep people with deep wallets in check in lower classes. (shops don't need to worry about putting on a show for the locals and see anyone running 2,3,4+watts in the beginner class.

Alright now lets go onto the Cons of each league

Db Drag

classes do not represent normal daily driven systems.

A) Batteries in Street classes (ok a customer wants to compete in street A, i want to sell him a batcap for his system to help stabilize his voltage, rulebook says we can't do a $150 auxilary battery so he needs 100ft of 1/0. I tell him its $8.00/ft, he says he'll get it online. DB Drag just cost me a sale.)

B)Superstreet Classes ( why don't we just call Superstreet 1-2 "wall with 2-15's or 2-18's" and the same thing for Superstreet 3-4 "wall with 4-15's or 4-18's") The local store sells lots more 10's and 12's and customers with these subs get shafted in these classes.

C) Street Stock- you still need to have a system that maximizes your cone area to be competitive. 1-15=176sq in, 2-12s=226sq in, 3-10's=235 sq in

No regard given to clean installations. You don't hear about many people walking into car audio shops for the MDF/Duct Tape/External Aeroport Special.

MECA

Your really telling me my whole season might come down to a $5 fuse??? Really??? So whats this good reason for mounting this fuse right next to my amp? I already have one under the hood protecting my vehicle from burning down. I just paid $25 bucks for this show, now i gotta drop another $40 on ANL fuses???

Midwest SPL

Clamped Power- gimme a few minutes while i'm busy judging this event, can i borrow someone's calculator to do this, it will be just a few more minutes and we will see if you overshot your power class or not.

I'm not trying to bash any of these Formats, they all have good judges and competitiors. I just think if we took the best from each and made a complete new league it would do some things this industry (an industry that we all love, and to some of us it is our livelyhood) like bring in new blood when classes are competitive for new members, and have exciting runs that always go down to the last second, and installs that look good. None of these things i just mentioned would be bad for any part of car audio. Somebody needs to make real time power calculator add-on for the TermLab. Promoters can use it do do more shows at smaller shops to get more people interested in car audio. Shops that have this tool can educate people about how their 1200w flea market amp only puts out 200w right there in the customers car. Shops can get more business for custom work if looks actually mean something at the competiton.

Shops can sell nice component speakers when Sound Quality is judged.

I personally want car audio to grow for 2 reasons: Its what i love to do, and its what puts food on the table. With a new Stereo League i think car audio can and will grow.

Archived