Sonic Electronix

I guess this may sound silly....coming from me...but....

Can sombody clue me in...Ive never used them....

what do I need....where do i get it......and does anyone have a diagram for wiring the relays...in the remote turn on...

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Take any standard 12v relay, theyre at any electronics store like radioshack.

There will be three posts: 1 is the relay turn on, the second and third is configured like a basic switch. All a relay is a switch, except for instead of having to flip the switch manually, the switch flips when the relay turn-on post is powered.

Connect the remote wire to the relay turn on.

Connect a 12v hot source to the relay, and then from the other post go to your amps.

Edited by sean 371

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

damn i forgot about the ground... :blush:

but yea that's why i said a "standard" 12v relay

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

pole 85 goes to ground

pole 86 goes to the remote from your deck

Pole 87 goes to 12v ign

pole 30 goes to the amps

pole 87a is not used.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

"Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive with a fuse rated to the sum of the additional accessories you've added and the components you need to turn on. (If you have two fans rated at 5 amps each and a neon light rated at 10 amps, you would use a 20 amp fuse plus 200 ma for each amplifier and processor.) Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on wire from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse (not shown) could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on wire of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution."

IMG # 5

so............If i do this .......I just hook up all the amps to one relay....

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

"Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive with a fuse rated to the sum of the additional accessories you've added and the components you need to turn on. (If you have two fans rated at 5 amps each and a neon light rated at 10 amps, you would use a 20 amp fuse plus 200 ma for each amplifier and processor.) Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on wire from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse (not shown) could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on wire of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution."

IMG # 5

so............If i do this .......I just hook up all the amps to one relay....

Yes if it is installed properly you won't have any probs i have 10 amps and all my audio control equipment running off of 1 30 amp relay. Man its really hard for me to believe that in all of your installs you have never wired up a relay. How did you run multi amp setups b4 ????

Edited by basshead