Second Skin Audio

subs in trunk port through deck

99vic

damn dude, is that your sig, or are you posting a pic up?

lol my bad i was trying to do something!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I say gut that rear deck like this,

Posted Image

Posted Image

This one I still have to do some speakers back there and a trim piece, and the rear deck should look alright when done

But doing this was a good idea, it sounds great, and loud as hell on 1- SAZ1500

and no coil smell.. lol

I like this one a lot. That box is huge though. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

my car fit 8's, you can fit 12's. ported or not, it doesnt matter. Honestly if you did 4 12's in the back deck, sealed, off like 2kw, it would be loud, and could sound fkin amazing.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

lmao ken is crazy! no coil smell ftmfw!

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i have never had a sealed box. i have always thought sealed couldnt get loud. :unknw: i like how ken did his box but have no room for that. i was realy liking the subs and port through the rear deck but those trunk bar things get in the way.

/Rant

i have never had a sealed box. i have always thought sealed couldnt get loud. :unknw: i like how ken did his box but have no room for that. i was realy liking the subs and port through the rear deck but those trunk bar things get in the way.

Crown Vic rear seats are easy to get. Have you thought about making a cut-out in the top portion of the rear seat area? You would have to cut some metal out of the deck, but you might find room to squeeze some ports.

I know it's a little over-the-top; just trying to find a way to help you keep your bandpass idea.

BTW Steve Meade would have just cut those pesky lil' bars out of the way. lol

Crown Vic rear seats are easy to get. Have you thought about making a cut-out in the top portion of the rear seat area? You would have to cut some metal out of the deck, but you might find room to squeeze some ports.

I know it's a little over-the-top; just trying to find a way to help you keep your bandpass idea.

BTW Steve Meade would have just cut those pesky lil' bars out of the way. lol

ya i thought bout cutting the seat but it looks hella ghetto. well and my kids sit back there. ya i thought about cutting the bars out, but years of having cars with hydraulics and lifting heavy trunks when i need back there sucks.. i really like the idea of a 4th order but at the same time a t line sounds sexy too. guess ill pull a hoe92 and start experimenting.

/Rant

subs up and 3 port holes 2 for bent aeros and 1 for basically a release of the subs presurised in the trunk, would work like a 6th order but would take some calculations and trial and error on your part.

we've built a couple 4th order bandpasses with the port through the rear deck. The rear deck really does suck on that vic and the trunk is even worse. How serious of SQ are you looking for? IASCA SQ or just clean SQ. For IASCA I would say cut the rear deck all together and glass in 3 8's or 2 10's sealed. If you want just clean then 2 12's or maybe 1 15 in a 4th order. Definately going to do some calculations when building a 4th order. A general rule of thumb I use is to estimate for about a 3:1 or 2:1 ratio of sealed to ported chamber. As always the port needs to be tuned accordingly as well.

Archived