Hooking up the amp?

Alright I just want to clear this up so I don't fry an amp.

Here is how I will have my set up wired.

wiringdiagram.jpg

What do I disconnect just the front battery negative? Or what? And do I take out all the fuses then plug in the postive to the amp and THEN negative ?

I just want to make sure

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Is that box in the middle bottom another battery?

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

Think he means this...

wiringdiagramcopy.jpg

My Babies

bl-1.png

97 2.5 Avenger, 92 5.0 Fox, 97 2.0 Turbo GST Eclipse, 00 2.0 Jetta, 06 GSXR 600, 98 CBR 600, 01 GSXF 600, 93 CBR 900RR

Wilwoods dont slow your car down, they slow the earth down under your car...remember that next time you slam your brakes, you may spill my drink.

I dont get it!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I get it.

everything looks good. except whenever you're butting a second battery on the other side of a piece of a potential break in yoru cable (passing through a firewall or floorboard) it's a good idea to fuse the wire between that point and the second battery also >> current will travel both ways through that wire.

to the OP......acquiring PAINT BRUSH skills could help a lot with future drawings LOL........... Wiring seems a little confusing to understand, are you using 2 batts in the rear, or just 1? Looks like 2 batts in the rear.... From what I can see, looks OK really, I would run 2 runs of 0/1 power/ground to the rear batts, just to make sure the current will be flowing......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived