skittlesRgood Posted October 16, 2009 Report Posted October 16, 2009 went 22hrs and just smoked 1.......damn it! I FAIL. Dont know what to do now? let me guess. you were around some one that was smoking huh? unless you went out and bought a pack, then being around the person who had the cigs was enough to break down your will power. do your best to stay away from cigs this weekend. after you get a few days under your belt it'll be a little easier to be around them and still not smoke. its like exercising your will power, stretching before running, forplay before sex... you get my point. like the others said, going from a pack a day to one cig a day is a big step. keep at it man. we all believe in you! If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
just_dave Posted October 16, 2009 Report Posted October 16, 2009 I'm an ex smoker. Keep busy doing stuff you enjoy. As soon as you finish eating, get up and fill your hands with something other than a smoke and a lighter. Fight the urge and treat it like you hate it. Like, when you get a craving, tell it to f*** off. After the first two weeks, it's starts to get easier and you'll be so proud of yourself. Confidence levels go way up. Once your body starts to really clean itself out from all the smoke toxins your energy spikes and you'll feel like a new person. Good luck! 2005 Ford Explorer Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS Alpine MRP-F550 Kicker KX600.1 Alpine Type-X 6.5's And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!
z_ro Posted October 16, 2009 Report Posted October 16, 2009 You guys are awesome...THANKS!!!!!!! Anytime sir... I'm all about helping anyone who wants to stop smoking, And you have TRULY shown will power. You just have to keep on it. Dont feel bad about the One slip up. Be happy about the ONE slip up rather then the half a pack. This will help also btw. This might make you sick knowing this though. Nothing gross, Just the cold hard truth. just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan RIP Civic
doug118 Posted October 16, 2009 Report Posted October 16, 2009 I'm trying to quit biting my nails...may not seem like much (no addicting chemicals in finger nails lol) but it's fucking hard as shit...It's not like smoking where you have to physically go and get the cigarettes then take them out of a pack and smoke them, nails just stay and your hand and you end up biting them without noticing. All I can say is good luck, and know it will save you a shit ton of money and health problems. sorry to the OP for not having any help since I never smoked but to quite biting your nails, use this stuff called "NO BITE". its a clear nail polish that will make you throw up everytime you taste it. and if you don't throw up from it, the taste will sit in your mouth for a good hour or 2 and theres no way to get rid of it. I used to bite my nails until they bled and couldnt actualy use my fingers because they hurt soo bad but I stopped once I started using that stuff. just be sure to put some more on about every 2 weeks. I promise you it will make you stop 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
slugdub Posted October 16, 2009 Report Posted October 16, 2009 Anytime sir... I'm all about helping anyone who wants to stop smoking, And you have TRULY shown will power. You just have to keep on it. Dont feel bad about the One slip up. Be happy about the ONE slip up rather then the half a pack. This will help also btw. This might make you sick knowing this though. Nothing gross, Just the cold hard truth. That is very cool, thanks for posting. What that really tells me is I should only smoke a hookah, because all that was water soluble!
newls1 Posted October 16, 2009 Author Report Posted October 16, 2009 Thank you all for all your replies. I did only have that 1 today, and only had it cause I made coffee this morning, out of habit! Like you said, 1 is better then half a pack. Even just this first day and only smoking 1 in about 35hours now, breathing actually feels more relaxed and deeper. Cant wait till im several weeks in to see how it feels...... I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted October 16, 2009 Author Report Posted October 16, 2009 Anytime sir... I'm all about helping anyone who wants to stop smoking, And you have TRULY shown will power. You just have to keep on it. Dont feel bad about the One slip up. Be happy about the ONE slip up rather then the half a pack. This will help also btw. This might make you sick knowing this though. Nothing gross, Just the cold hard truth. that vid was awesome. never saw anything like it before. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
baggedon4s Posted October 19, 2009 Report Posted October 19, 2009 hows it going today???//? me not so well, But Iam on the same pack from friday. So 4 days in a row, Ive cut out the morning smoke till 10am(wake up at 7), and forcing my self to wait 1 hour after I eat to smoke. Sounds weird, but small victories in my mind. I keep trying to make it all day, but around 11am, I dont wanna be around my self. small steps 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Bumpindemlowzz Posted October 19, 2009 Report Posted October 19, 2009 i myself only had 1 cig today i usually have a pack so thats a victory lol. looking to quit after that video. 2010 Silverado 18" DC XL 18 DC 2k XS Power Batts
baggedon4s Posted October 19, 2009 Report Posted October 19, 2009 i myself only had 1 cig today i usually have a pack so thats a victory lol. looking to quit after that video. Thats pretty damn good. Iam normally at 2 packs a day, so 1 pack in 3 days is great for me. seems to be a few people in this thread trying to quit. 99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.