Sundown Audio

I'm not talking bad about the BL Nick -- but obviously they are not the same or similar motors.

Maybe the TP just looked thin on the BLs I had (I didn't get a chance to measure them) - it looked like 12.5mm or so on the ones I had. This sub is 32mm thick. But it may be thicker than it looks on the BL -- and again, that is not a knock on the BL... just a difference in the design of the two motors.

BL's are now a dual stack of y35 220mm OD slugs..which is probably what that is (guessing)...and you can't see half of the top plate of the BL...

Which would probably why the people here are saying it looks like a BL...

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

BL's are now a dual stack of y35 220mm OD slugs..which is probably what that is (guessing)...and you can't see half of the top plate of the BL...

Which would probably why the people here are saying it looks like a BL...

Oh yah, thats right -- does it pop up inside the frame like the BTL top plate does ? Perhaps why I thought it looked like 1/2" on the old ones I had.

Yah, this is a double stack 220mm OD.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I can imagine you in the office trying to design a new sub, it must be one hell of a puff puff pass

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

To address some questions about "daily" power handling on the Z v.2 model brought up on other forums :

It probably will take a 3k amp just fine when wired at rated impedance, but you won't need to.

I AM using a coil with almost half the mass of the Nightshade v.1 model so there is less thermal dissipating mass (although, cooling is better on Z v.2)... but this is the thing -- the Z v.2 production model should be about 1 dB more efficient at equal power compared to the v.1 Nightshade. So... if you needed 3000 watts to do X amount of SPL on the v.1 Nightshade then you will need only 2250 or less for the same output on the Z v.2 (likely less as gaining 1 dB at that point takes more than the 33% needed in theory).

So... the top priority in designing the Z v.2 is more SPL per watt, not necessarily to soak up alot of power for no reason :)

If you want to dump a bunch of power on something daily then the Nightshade v.2 is probably more for you as it is getting a very large voice coil with substantially more mass.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg