Sonic Electronix

What vehicle Turnd you into a basshead?

When I was a freshman in high school, my neighbor built his Toyota truck into a SQL vehicle, that shit sounded clean as hell.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

always wanted subs, went to HS and there was a kid a year ahead of me who had a pair of Diamond 12s, dont remember which model, or what amp, but DAMN were they loud, in a jeep cherokee. Dude had lotsa money, i was at a private school at the time. Lookin back i think it was about as loud as my blazer, probably a lil louder. I had to ride in the back seat drunk as hell and was like DAMN, it got hard to breathe back there at times.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

My dad told me about subs one day when i was a freshman in highschool...bought my first car in 04 when i was 15. 1994 red grandprix with gold rims...haha...and got that dual 2 12's setup from best buy with an alpine deck and jammed "ill be missin you" or "still fly" every day..after that it turned into a full blown obsession...

2002 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab 3/6 drop

-Alpine cda-9884

-Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

-US Amps XT-4000DE V2

-Fi SSD 10d2-for now

not really a loud system but my friend's 03 lancer if im not mistaken, which had a single 12 and only about 300-400 watts.

but that's the first time i heard some good smooth bass, that got me hooked, when i got my first car i immediately put a system in it and went on from there.

I was freshman in high school and my next door neighbor had a 80's monte carlo with a Pioneer pull out, a 300 watt Crunch amp and 2 12 inch Super Pro Super Blues. First time I rode in it he was playing Eazy E's Boys in the Hood and I was hooked for life. The subs were in his back seat and it was bumping at the time lol.

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

I've actually got 3 that stuck out in my mind that were all right around the same time. I was 16 so that would have been 1998. The first one that gave me my first taste of 150+db on music was Horizon Audio's Suzuki Samurai. It had 4 of the origional Rockford Punch Power 15's powered by 4 Rockford 500.2's. I believe those amps made around 1K rms at 2 ohms bridged. It did high 150's on the AC mic.

Next was my friend James Leary. He had 8 Rockford DVC 15's in a clamshell in a Ford Ranger powered by 4 Rockford 500.2's. Pretty strange the first two loud vehicles were all Rockford. Anyway he did a 166.6 at the time on the AC mic and is the person who turned me on to competition. He's also the person who designed and helped me build my first wall 6 months later with 4 Rockford XLC 15's off of a Rockford 250.1 wired down to 1 ohm.

The last was a 1985 s-10 that belonged to a guy I went to high school with. It had 8 Petras Prowler 15's in a clam shell powered off of 2 US Amps vlx400's. It was the first time I'd ever seen the surfboard amps that US made. It was also the first vehilce that I had ever seen that was tuned below 40hz. Pretty much everything back when I got started was a sealed enclosure, but since it was a clam it played extremely low. Since a clam is really a 4th order bandpass.

These were the 3 that started it all with me and I heard them all in a small town of about 20,000 people.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

when i turned 17 mom and pop bought me a 74 cutlass 2 door and it had the am radio in it, went to a place in lansing put 2 pile 15's and 2 crunch 12's and a pioneer deck on layaway bought a used punch 150 from one of my buddies and had the shop build a custom box this worked for awhile but the 15 piles and the crunch's werent loud enough so went with 4 punch 12's in a custom box molded to my door frames took the back seat right out lol, this was my largest system to date it slammed really good but also the box vibrated after looking inside the box i found the shop had built a nice bottom box and put a half assed box on the top with thin panel on the bottom so i tore it all out.

still have the car waiting on a paint job now for 13 years :censored: had two kids parked the car, the kids just took up all my extra cash. it will be reborn soon but now i have to use the backseat so it will be a trunk system when its all said an done. looking at spring of 10 to finally get it painted and start working on it again. hopefully soon i will post picks in all its glory. :spiteful:

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz