Some Nightshade ZX3 Flex!!!!!

i'd really like to see some hairtricks. i'm doing 145-146 in my focus. and i only have an AQ 1200D. just bought a sundown 3000d today and will be running that at 4 ohms until i get me some batteries.

i think i'm gonna get a powermaster D3100 just like you have and rebuild my alt with some better components until i can afford a DC alt.

whats your voltage drop look like? i have a 34/78 optima up front and i think i will be okay once i add the D3100 to the rear and eventually another up front.

I've seen my voltage drop down into the high 10's when it's been playing for a while. When I get some light I'll take a vid of the voltage dropping on music. I did measure it after all that beating for the videos with the deck paused and the car at idle and it was still at 13.95 volts after all that bs on the stock alt.

I think with you having a D3100 in the rear for a Sundown 3000 it will work just fine. I know you will definately want to get a DC alt once I get mine in and you see how it holds the voltage much better than it is. I'm hoping to add at least .5-1.5 db with the new alt too. We'll see, but I'll be happy no matter what. I told Rob I would do a before and after video of the voltage drop so be ready for that to come as soon as I get the alt hopefully next week.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I believe that I told you before about using sonotube and 8" bell mouth ends. I know it's more expensive than pvc but it may be an option for you.

yeah you did. they are a last resort tho lol. trying to find cheaper alternatives. a member here had big 8" inner diameter tubes he could get from work. i PM'd him, but nothing back. so i guess a no go. when it comes down to it, if i havent found anything that's gonna be the direction i go in tho :)

nice. i'm glad i didn't get the sunroof with my car though.

yea i'm ready to see the difference you get with the new alt.

i think i might do 2 level 4xl 15's off of my new sundown.

my 18 gets stupid low right now and i kind of don't want to give it up. i can play 16hz tones and my windows look like they are about to just jump out of the door. plus the door slams open and closed so hard on low notes that it is started to knock the paint off of the inside of the doors. :lol:

Brewer, have you broke the rear window wiper on your SVT yet? I just broke mine again after fixing it about 2 months ago. I even drilled and tapped new holes and bolted the bracket back onto the hatch. That bitch broke off again and it's starting to get pretty shitty fixing all the stuff that I'm breaking on the car. All the broken clips on pannels, broken dome light, broken rear wiper, rear seat belt covers broke, sunroof crank is cracked. I hate all the maintaince that comes with the bass. I actually like the sunroof. The car gets much louder with the sunroof open instead of the windows open.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

nice. i'm glad i didn't get the sunroof with my car though.

yea i'm ready to see the difference you get with the new alt.

i think i might do 2 level 4xl 15's off of my new sundown.

my 18 gets stupid low right now and i kind of don't want to give it up. i can play 16hz tones and my windows look like they are about to just jump out of the door. plus the door slams open and closed so hard on low notes that it is started to knock the paint off of the inside of the doors. :lol:

I don't know how much different the SVT's are than the ZX3's but if you ran them let's say at .5 ohms on the Sundown I have a box design that I can guarantee you a 150 with no problems at all. In fact the box will do a 151.3 off of 35XX watts @ 43hz. So you will still get tons of lows in the car. The only issue is that the rear seats will not be able to fold into the locking position anymore while the box would be in the car. Other than that nothing wrong with the size of the box other than it's pretty large.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Anyone have any video requests? It's a beautiful day here and I feel like making a video. I don't have any girls available for a hair trick right now which sucks but maybe I'll find some random one :spiteful:

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Anyone have any video requests? It's a beautiful day here and I feel like making a video. I don't have any girls available for a hair trick right now which sucks but maybe I'll find some random one :spiteful:

I WANT VIDEOS NOW!

as far as the rear wiper blade, i haven't broken it yet. my box is port and sub up and the box is so tight in there that when i close the hatch it wedges the box between the hatch and the rear seats.

its so tight that the hatch doesn't flex at all really. wish i could say the same for everything else though. :drinks:

<<<<<<see picture for reference. haha

as far as the box design, i want to keep it how i have it just because it eliminates the rear rattles with the box wedged like that

i want to get some nightshades or SA's so maybe i can jump in on team sundown. watcha think?

hitting 146 with 1200 watts. can't wait for that 3000+ from the sundown

Archived