Both amps have blown up, no idea what's going on WTF!!

i guess the saying is true, good things come to those who wait. i cant say as i would have been that patient. i have patience but not that much lol.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

free amp all day! hell yeah! i always loved them 1501 amps!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

id be checking your grounds if i were you, also since it sounds like you got some money buy an oscope and set the gains...

Amps are grounded to the Kinetiks which are than grounded directly to the frame which was ground down to bare metal and dielectric grease is smeared over the metal periodically to keep it from rusting over again. As for money, nah i'm just stupid at spending it when i should be saving it, MTX gave me the position of the gain knob compared to my input voltage which seems to work pretty good. If i turn the gains higher, the subs start to smell so i leave it as they are.

personally, what I would do is when you have BOTH AMP's in your hands, SELL THEM ASAP!!!! Move to something more stable.....

If people where i lived had money and weren't so damn cheap, i'd sell them in a heartbeat. Everyone wants everything for free and for the amount of time and work spent with these amps, i'm not lettin them go for pennies. I'd love to sell them and move on to a stetsom or a rockford amp, something i know won't have any issues.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

had this happen when i had the 1000bds in my cavalier. Popped the same amp three times. Thought it was the install swapped their places around and same amp went poof. Sent them back in and they were supposed toi make it right. Sent me the same amp back without any attempt to make it right so i sold em all. Thats why I wont run RF now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

it sucks man, the guys at MTX even admitted that they thought i was b.s.-ing them when i called with the same problem over and over again until they got the amp back with guess what, the same problem over and over again lol. I'm not sure where i got the patience from but i really hope they get both my amps going the proper way, i really like the way they look and the LED selection is a nice touch too. It's killin me waiting for the packing slip to send the blown amp in and have to wait god knows how long to get the new ones.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 2 months later...

So i've had my new 1501D for around 2 weeks now, been beating the ever living snot out of it everyday for as long as i can. It barely gets warm, even half pinned behind my seat. I've been beating on my T1s so hard that the coils start to smell a little bit but never get really burned up, the cones never get warm and my voltage is staying consistent. I think the time has come to order me a second 1501D and get a wall goin, anyone agree? Also i'm gonna try to sell my Powermaster alt and go with Irragi, a bit more juice under the hood since i can't get a dual alt bracket and i'm not getting rid of my A/C compressor (its not even a year old). This summer should be fun!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Where are the MTx amp???

The current amp is mounted on the box on the port side so it doesn't vibrate to hell. When i get the second amp and start the rebuild, both amps will be on slide out trays under the wall

do it im glad everything worked out for u

Thanks man, i'm hoping that my amp doesn't decide to crap out on me again as soon as i order the second one. But than again if it does, the engineers at MTX get excited since they get to figure out whats wrong with it again lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived