just wondering if it's the same engine thats in the mustang and if i could put aftermarket mustang intake manifold, heads and t.b on it? i know that it's not the windsor, but i'm pretty sure that it's the romeo if anybody knows what that means.

might want to check cleanence with the firewall where it comes slightly over the manifold it may be a tight squeeze

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

but is it the same engine thats in the mustang or is the deck height different? from my understanding, if the deck height is different i wouldn't be able to fit the stang parts on the expo. i just want to know if it's the same motor so i can get some more go

Yes it is the same physical motor. Most likely there are only 2 differences between the motors.

1) The stang probably had different pistions giving it a little higher compression (for performance reasons)

2) The physical gearing of the vehicles are different

But the guys above are right. If you are looking into buying parts, I would buy parts for your make/model of vehicle and not for the stang! As both vehicles will have different clearances around the motor, which could lead you to wasting money.

Keep in mind that no matter how much money you throw into this motor it will never react like a mustang motor, as your vehicle is geared way lower and ways about twice as much. What are you looking to achieve out of this motor?

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Check out SeriousExplorations.com They have a ton of explorer modifications and stuff on there. Check out the performance section. You should find anything you are looking for.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

• 1 month later...

The engine is the same...slight variations but not much..mainly cam profiles and tune. The compression should be the same..MAYBE a couple tenths off..not much of a difference. Dont bother trying to swap the headsa nd intake with musatng parts...you wont gain anything. If you are trying to gain power I can help you but i need to know how much power and how much money you want to make and spend.. Of course the easiest way is to bolt on a blower. Kenne Bell blowers work great on 4.6 ford truck and suv engine. The provide awesome trq and pwr down low int he rpm range where its needed but still make great power up top in the rpm range. How much power you want to make all depends on how much money you want to spend. Dont bother going to Jegs or Summit...you wont find much there at all thats worth it for the 4.6. You can add cams but be ready to spend at LEAST 600 bucks once on purchase price and install...then you have to get it tuned by a dyno shop/ford ecu tuner who knows what hes doing. If ya need help i can direct you to the proper channels.

By the way...be ready for it drinking gas even more if you want to make power.

Edited by ThwopKing

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.